|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Twilight #1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(d) He was going to get their kids.
2. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(c) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(d) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(b) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(c) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(d) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
4. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
5. What does twilight force us to be aware of?
(a) That there is an agreement between cosmic and actual events.
(b) That we are all but human.
(c) That there are limited resources at any given time.
(d) How we project ourselves into a situation and how we are part of an event.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
2. What is Proposition F?
3. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
4. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
5. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)