|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Twilight #1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(b) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(c) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(d) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
2. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
(a) He was unable to stop his car and bumped his head on the windshield.
(b) He stepped on the accelerator and ran down a kid.
(c) He was talking to somebody on the phone when he hit a telephone pole.
(d) He pressed down on his car's accelerator and ran into a telephone pole.
3. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(c) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(d) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
4. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Kerner Commission Report.
(b) Report Against Police Violence.
(c) Waters Commission Report.
(d) Gates Commission Report.
5. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(b) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(c) Black men are more ideological.
(d) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
5. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)