|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Twilight #1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of their experience in fighting.
(b) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(c) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
2. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
(a) Twilight is an overrated, abused term.
(b) Everyone should consider reading the twilight.
(c) There is no such thing as twilight.
(d) We see the sharp outlines visible in daylight when we look at the disturbance in twilight.
3. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(d) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
4. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Lack of housing programs.
(b) Addiction and crime.
(c) Insufficient educational budget.
(d) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(b) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
2. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
3. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
4. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
5. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)