|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Twilight #1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Reverend Tom Choi a minister at?
(a) Westwood Presbyterian Church.
(b) Palo Alto's Presbyterian Church.
(c) Anaheim's Presbyterian Church.
(d) Polo Lounge Presbyterian Church.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
3. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
(a) He found that Koreans, Americans, and blacks were not fighting after all.
(b) He saw that there was hatred everywhere.
(c) He did not see hostility; instead found only friendliness and solidarity.
(d) He found that there was too much hostility in people.
4. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
(a) Manager of the Times Mirror Company.
(b) Manager of the Times Book Company.
(c) Director of the Times Book Company.
(d) Director of the Times Mirror Company.
5. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
(a) They said that it was fine that they were destroying their own neighborhood.
(b) An expression of fear.
(c) A joke about how pleasant it would be if a fire was started.
(d) A threat about starting a fire in the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
3. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
4. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
5. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)