|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(b) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(c) Black men are more ideological.
(d) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
2. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(b) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(c) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(b) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(c) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(d) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
5. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) Tthere was nothing like it.
(b) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(c) It was like going into a war.
(d) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. What are "choke holds"?
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
5. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)