|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(c) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(d) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
2. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's sister.
(b) Richard Kim's mother.
(c) Richard Kim.
(d) Richard Kim's father.
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(b) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(c) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(d) That he looked so young for his age.
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(b) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(c) He was going to get their kids.
(d) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(c) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
2. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
4. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
5. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)