|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(c) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
2. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $2.1 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $1.2 million.
3. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) A black cat crossed the road.
(b) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(c) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
4. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(b) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(c) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
3. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
4. What is Proposition F?
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)