|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(b) A black cat crossed the road.
(c) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
2. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(b) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(c) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(d) The police asked for money before assisting them.
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(b) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(c) Because of their experience in fighting.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
4. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(d) That he looked so young for his age.
5. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(b) He was going to get their kids.
(c) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(d) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
2. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
3. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
5. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)