|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(b) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(c) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
2. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get their kids.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(d) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
3. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(c) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
4. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more ideological.
(b) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(c) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(d) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
5. What are "choke holds"?
(a) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(b) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(c) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(d) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. What is Proposition F?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)