|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(d) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(b) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(c) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
(d) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $2.1 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $1.2 million.
(d) $12 million.
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(d) Because of the number of people they have killed.
5. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A rock.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)