|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
2. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(b) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(c) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(d) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
3. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
4. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(b) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
5. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's sister.
(b) Richard Kim.
(c) Richard Kim's father.
(d) Richard Kim's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
2. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
3. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
5. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)