|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(c) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
2. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to get their kids.
(d) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
3. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(b) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(c) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might be stoned.
(b) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(c) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(d) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
2. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
5. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)