|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(c) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(c) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
3. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She does not show any emotion.
(b) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(c) She cries.
(d) She raises her voice in anger.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(b) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
(c) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(d) A black cat crossed the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
2. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
3. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
4. What is Proposition F?
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)