|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(b) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(c) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(d) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
2. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
3. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(b) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
(c) A black cat crossed the road.
(d) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
4. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(b) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(c) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(d) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
5. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
2. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
3. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
4. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)