|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(c) That he might be stoned.
(d) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
2. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(c) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(d) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
3. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(b) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(c) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(d) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(c) The police don't like killing at all.
(d) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
2. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
4. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)