|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(b) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(c) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(b) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(c) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(b) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(c) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(d) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
4. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(b) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
5. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
2. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
4. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
5. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)