|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(c) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
2. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(c) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(c) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(d) That he might be stoned.
4. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(b) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(c) That he looked so young for his age.
(d) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
5. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(b) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(c) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(d) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
4. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
5. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)