|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get their kids.
(b) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(c) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(d) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
2. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's mother.
(b) Richard Kim.
(c) Richard Kim's father.
(d) Richard Kim's sister.
3. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(b) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
4. What are "choke holds"?
(a) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(b) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(c) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(d) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
5. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(d) Because of the number of people they have killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)