|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(b) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
2. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(b) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(c) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(d) Because of their experience in fighting.
4. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(c) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
5. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(b) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(c) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(d) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
3. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
4. What are "choke holds"?
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)