|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(b) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(c) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
2. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
3. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(b) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(b) He was going to get their kids.
(c) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(d) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
5. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A rock.
(b) A car.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)