|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(b) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(c) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(d) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
2. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
(a) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun shot a man to death in front of him.
(b) A man with a briefcase hit a girl on her head and left her for dead.
(c) A girl with a briefcase hit a man repeatedly and left him for dead.
(d) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun pointed in his general direction, who told him that he was going to kill him.
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(b) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were not raised in a racist way.
4. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She raises her voice in anger.
(b) She cries.
(c) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(d) She does not show any emotion.
5. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(b) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(c) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
2. What is Proposition F?
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
5. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)