|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, "Don't Shoot" | The War Zone, Butta Boom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
(a) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(b) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(c) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(d) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
2. What is Proposition F?
(a) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(c) Because of their experience in fighting.
(d) Because of the number of people they have killed.
4. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(c) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(d) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(b) A black cat crossed the road.
(c) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
4. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)