|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(b) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
2. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(b) Murika and Judith Tur.
(c) John and Murika Tur.
(d) John and Judith Tur.
3. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(c) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
(d) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
5. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Report Against Police Violence.
(b) Kerner Commission Report.
(c) Waters Commission Report.
(d) Gates Commission Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
3. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
4. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
5. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)