|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(b) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
(c) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
(d) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
2. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Allison's speech.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
3. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(c) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(d) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(c) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(d) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
5. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Center.
(b) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(c) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(d) At the Polo Lounge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
2. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
3. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
5. What is Proposition F?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)