|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Allison's speech.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) Tiny's funeral.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
2. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Center.
(b) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(c) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(d) At the Polo Lounge.
3. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A medical student.
(b) A cashier.
(c) A registered nurse.
(d) A translator.
4. What is Proposition F?
(a) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(b) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(c) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(d) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
5. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(c) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(d) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
2. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
4. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
5. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)