|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Allison's speech.
(b) Tiny's funeral.
(c) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
2. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A rock.
(d) A car.
3. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(b) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(c) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(d) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
5. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
(a) There was nothing new about black people being beaten, it was just brought into public view this time.
(b) The media did not fairly potray Rodney King as a model black citizen.
(c) The media should not have been involved and the case will go away quietly.
(d) It would have been a normal routine procedure if not for the media exposure it received.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
2. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
3. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
5. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)