|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
2. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
(a) The media did not fairly potray Rodney King as a model black citizen.
(b) The media should not have been involved and the case will go away quietly.
(c) It would have been a normal routine procedure if not for the media exposure it received.
(d) There was nothing new about black people being beaten, it was just brought into public view this time.
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(b) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(c) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(d) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
4. What is Proposition F?
(a) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(b) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(c) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(d) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
5. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A translator.
(b) A registered nurse.
(c) A cashier.
(d) A medical student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
3. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
4. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
5. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)