|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(b) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(c) Black men are more ideological.
(d) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(c) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
3. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
4. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) The local radio station.
(b) Rodney King's aunt.
(c) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(d) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
5. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
(a) Healthy and vibrant.
(b) Connected to a life support system.
(c) Brain-damaged and heavily sedated.
(d) With Alzheimer's disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
2. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
3. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
4. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
5. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)