|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(b) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(c) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(d) Black men are more ideological.
2. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It lets a person smell.
(b) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(c) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
(d) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
3. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
(a) They were never angry about races.
(b) Their anger is healthy and should be given its proper attention.
(c) She says that their anger is a sign of progress, which will help them cope with race differences.
(d) They are getting so angry that they are moving back fifty years in their attitudes towards race instead of moving forward.
4. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
(a) She loves him even though she does not express it well.
(b) They have a life insurance policy.
(c) She will never leave him for another man.
(d) Their home cannot be touched by the rioters.
5. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Report Against Police Violence.
(b) Gates Commission Report.
(c) Waters Commission Report.
(d) Kerner Commission Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
2. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
4. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)