|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Proposition F?
(a) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(b) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(c) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(d) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
3. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) John and Murika Tur.
(b) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(c) Murika and Judith Tur.
(d) John and Judith Tur.
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(c) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(d) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
5. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
(a) Healthy and vibrant.
(b) With Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Brain-damaged and heavily sedated.
(d) Connected to a life support system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
2. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
3. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
5. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)