|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(c) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(d) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
2. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
3. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(b) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(c) A black cat crossed the road.
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
4. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(c) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
2. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
3. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
4. What is Proposition F?
5. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)