|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police don't like killing at all.
(b) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(c) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(d) She does not say anything about the subject.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(c) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(d) Because of the number of people they have killed.
4. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
(a) Congressional Black Caucus.
(b) Caucus Against Violence.
(c) Women's Liberation Society.
(d) Rage Against White People Organization.
5. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Addiction and crime.
(b) Insufficient educational budget.
(c) Lack of housing programs.
(d) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
3. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
4. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
5. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)