|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) John and Murika Tur.
(b) John and Judith Tur.
(c) Murika and Judith Tur.
(d) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
2. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(b) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(c) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(d) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
3. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
(a) It would have been a normal routine procedure if not for the media exposure it received.
(b) There was nothing new about black people being beaten, it was just brought into public view this time.
(c) The media did not fairly potray Rodney King as a model black citizen.
(d) The media should not have been involved and the case will go away quietly.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(c) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(d) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
5. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A translator.
(b) A registered nurse.
(c) A cashier.
(d) A medical student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
3. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
4. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
5. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)