|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(b) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(c) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(d) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
2. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Waters Commission Report.
(b) Gates Commission Report.
(c) Report Against Police Violence.
(d) Kerner Commission Report.
3. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(b) John and Murika Tur.
(c) John and Judith Tur.
(d) Murika and Judith Tur.
4. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(b) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(c) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(d) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
5. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
(b) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(c) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(d) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
3. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
4. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
5. What is Proposition F?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)