|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
(a) It would have been a normal routine procedure if not for the media exposure it received.
(b) There was nothing new about black people being beaten, it was just brought into public view this time.
(c) The media should not have been involved and the case will go away quietly.
(d) The media did not fairly potray Rodney King as a model black citizen.
2. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) The local radio station.
(b) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(c) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
(d) Rodney King's aunt.
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(c) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(d) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
5. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A cashier.
(b) A translator.
(c) A medical student.
(d) A registered nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
2. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
4. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)