|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) The local radio station.
(b) Rodney King's aunt.
(c) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
(d) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
2. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
(a) They are getting so angry that they are moving back fifty years in their attitudes towards race instead of moving forward.
(b) Their anger is healthy and should be given its proper attention.
(c) They were never angry about races.
(d) She says that their anger is a sign of progress, which will help them cope with race differences.
3. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A translator.
(b) A registered nurse.
(c) A medical student.
(d) A cashier.
4. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) Murika and Judith Tur.
(b) John and Judith Tur.
(c) John and Murika Tur.
(d) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
5. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(b) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(c) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
(d) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
2. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
3. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
4. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
5. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)