Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, The Unheard | The War Zone, Washington.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
2. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Center.
(b) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(c) At the Polo Lounge.
(d) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
3. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
(a) Their home cannot be touched by the rioters.
(b) She will never leave him for another man.
(c) They have a life insurance policy.
(d) She loves him even though she does not express it well.
4. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(b) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(c) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(d) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
5. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(b) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
(c) The local radio station.
(d) Rodney King's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
2. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
4. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)