|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward say they told everyone happened to Bella?
2. What does Esme say is the reason that she jumped from the cliff?
3. What does Bella think about while she rides in the cab to Scottsdale?
4. What was it that Carlisle fed on when his hunger became too much after Carlisle was first turned?
5. Why does Bella tell her father that she has to leave?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why did James choose not to kill Alice after she was turned but rather killed the vampire that changed her?
Part 2) Speculate on why James wants to have Edward come after him.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why does Laurent come to talk to the family after the incident at the ball field?
Part 2) What does it say about James that he was the leader of the Coven?
Part 3) Why was Laurent paraded around like the leader in the ball field?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Carlisle's character?
Part 2) Although he doesn't seem to be seen many times in the story, compared to many of the characters, Carlisle has a whole chapter named after him and his life story is explained. Speculate on the reasons the author gave so much attention to Carlisle's past and what it added to the story.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)