|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella tell Mike when he asks about Bella and Edward?
2. What does Bella say Charlie is doing that is getting on her nerves?
3. What does Edward say is the real reason he wanted Bella to have dinner with him?
4. What does Edward say is a dangerous mistake that he has made?
5. What does Edward tell Bella after she admits she isn't going to quit asking about how he managed to get to her so quickly and stop the van from crushing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Bella is looking at the snow chains her father put on her tires?
2. What does Edward tell Bella is the reason that he is taking her to prom?
3. In First Sight what does Bella explain about the way she looks compared to what a person from Phoenix should have looked like?
4. Describe what happens in the beginning of The Angel?
5. Describe what happens when Jasper and Alice come in the room?
6. What does Edward say about James?
7. What does Edward say about Alice?
8. What does Charlie say about the Cullens when Bella asks about them?
9. What does Edward reveal about Carlisle while he is driving Bella home?
10. In Invitations describe the first dream that Bella has of Edward.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edward's character.
Part 1) At what point in the story does it become obvious that Edward cares for Bella? Explain.
Part 2) Does Edward truly believe himself to be a monster?
Part 3) If he really loves Bella why can he not let her go? What does this indicate about Edward?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why did James choose not to kill Alice after she was turned but rather killed the vampire that changed her?
Part 2) Speculate on why James wants to have Edward come after him.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Edward explains that he can read minds with the exception of Bella's. Why does Bella immediately think something is wrong with her rather than it odd that Edward can read minds?
Part 2) Speculate on what unique power you believe Bella could have if she were changed into a vampire, if any.
This section contains 1,745 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)