|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edward say that he shouldn't have driven Bella to school?
2. Why does Charlie say that Billy Black sold Charlie his truck?
3. Why does Bella opt not to get a library card?
4. What does Jacob say that the Quileutes are supposedly descended from?
5. What does Edward say is his favorite predator to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Mike and Bella in Complications.
2. How does Bella compare the new vampires to the Cullen family?
3. What does Tyler say to Bella when they are in the hospital in Phenomenon?
4. What does Bella think about while walking in the woods?
5. Describe the dream Bella has in Nightmare.
6. What does Bella tell her father in order to make him let her leave?
7. What does Bella realize while she is lying to everyone in the chapter Balancing?
8. What happens when Charlie comes to pick Bella up from the hospital?
9. Describe the phone conversation that Bella and James have.
10. In First Sight what does Bella explain about the way she looks compared to what a person from Phoenix should have looked like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edward's character.
Part 1) At what point in the story does it become obvious that Edward cares for Bella? Explain.
Part 2) Does Edward truly believe himself to be a monster?
Part 3) If he really loves Bella why can he not let her go? What does this indicate about Edward?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Does Billy Black seem to be an antagonist or a protagonist? Explain.
Part 2) What role does Jacob seem to play in the story? Is it feasible that he will have a larger role later on in the series?
Part 3) How does Charlie's relationship with Billy affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What does it say about Charlie that he went out and undid Bella's battery cables?
Part 2) Why does Charlie help Edward trick Bella into going to prom?
Part 3) How does the relationship between Charlie and Bella seem to change after she returns home.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)