|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella say to Edward when he says that it doesn't sound fair that she is miserable?
(a) Somethings are worth the sacrifice.
(b) Life isn't fair.
(c) It would be alright eventually.
(d) It's not so bad.
2. Why does Edward say that Rosalie doesn't drive her red convertible to school unless she needs to?
(a) It is a magnent for tickets.
(b) They try to blend in.
(c) It has horrible gas milage.
(d) It isn't dependable.
3. What does Jacob ask Bella if she likes?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(b) Folk tales.
(c) Scary stories.
4. What does Edward say is the real reason he wanted Bella to have dinner with him?
(a) Because Edwards wants Bella to leave town.
(b) So he can watch her eat.
(c) To keep him from going to kill the men that wanted to attack Bella.
(d) To talk to Bella.
5. What does Edward say Emmett looks like when he is hunting?
(d) Grizzly Bear.
6. In the last of the preface what does Bella say that the hunter is doing as he walks towards her?
(a) Licks his lips.
(b) Starts transforming into a hideous vampire.
7. Why does Edward say he doesn't hunt people?
(a) There are laws in the vampire world.
(b) Because there are people to kill them.
(c) He doesn't want to be a monster.
(d) It has a foul effect on vampires.
8. What does Billy say is part of the reason that they came over to visit?
(a) To pick up a part.
(b) It was on their way to town.
(c) Jacob wanted to see Bella.
(d) To check on the truck.
9. What does the Indian boy say when the Cullens are mentioned?
(a) They aren't allowed at La Push.
(b) They have a restraining order.
(c) They are freaks.
(d) They are good friends.
10. What is Bella doing when Edward enters the class in the chapter Open Book?
(a) Setting up the microscope.
(b) Braiding a piece of her hair.
(c) Checking her phone for text messages.
(d) Doodling on her notebook.
11. From where does Jessica say that the Cullens have moved to Forks?
(a) No one is sure.
12. What does Jacob say about the truck that Bella bought?
(a) Be sure to keep an eye on the carborator.
(b) Don't trust the brakes too much.
(c) Try and honk the horn when you turn a corner.
(d) Don't try to drive it over sixty.
13. What does Bella ask Edward after he introduces himself in Open Book?
(a) How he knew who her father was.
(b) What his father is like.
(c) Why he called her Bella rather than Isabella.
(d) Why he hates her.
14. Where does Bella go walking after waking up from her dream?
(a) To see Jacob.
(b) Around the town.
(c) Up to the school.
(d) The woods.
15. Why does Edward tell Bella she should tell Charlie that she is going out with Edward?
(a) So he will have some incentive to bring her home.
(b) So that someone will know where to look for her if something goes wrong.
(c) Because it is the right thing to do.
(d) Because he wants Charlie to respect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella tell Jessica that Edward doesn't like?
2. What does Bella type into her computer?
3. Why does Bella say that she is wearing her favorite shirt to the airport?
4. What does Angela say is the reason the Cullens miss school when the weather is nice?
5. What does Edward tell Bella about their being friends?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)