|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
2. How much unexplored area is there in Saudi Arabia?
3. What is one of the most important uses of natural gas in Saudi Arabia today?
4. The information contained in the SPE papers confirms the uncertainty of Saudi Arabia's what?
5. In the early days of oil exploration, natural gas was seen as what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the technology papers the author uses for research? Who writes them? What do they say? Who are they written for? Why are they important? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the arguments for and against the supposed decline of oil production in Saudi Arabia. Which arguments are effective; which are not? Use at least three examples from each side of the argument in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is water important to oil production? What purpose does it serve? What problems does it cause? Cite examples and evidence presented in the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)