|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the assumption that Saudi Arabia can continue to maintain its incredible level of oil production?
2. When was Hawtah Trend discovered?
3. The geologists say that the Arab D Zone has eroded away over what period of time?
4. Dr. Nansen Saleri heads what type of management group?
5. Instead of helping to recover more oil from older fields, technology has done what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the technology papers the author uses for research? Who writes them? What do they say? Who are they written for? Why are they important? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the evidence presented in the book, explain why it is unlikely that there are more, newer sources of oil to be found as replacements for aging oil fields.
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of problems does the author foresee when oil production drops? What are the author's solutions? Are these expectations reasonable? Support your answer with examples and evidence from the book.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)