|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Abdullah Jumah hold in the Saudi Arabian oil company?
2. How long have Saudi Arabia's heavy producers been operating?
3. What was one of the issues addressed by the Saudi Arabian papers at the October 2003 SPE conference?
4. Development of oil in Shaybah is what?
5. In the early days of oil exploration, natural gas was seen as what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the estimates of oil reserves so inaccurate? What impact does this have on the author's main point? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the arguments for and against the supposed decline of oil production in Saudi Arabia. Which arguments are effective; which are not? Use at least three examples from each side of the argument in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author and the evidence the author presents, how has Saudi Arabia contributed to its own oil problems?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)