|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages the assumption that Saudi Arabia can continue to maintain its incredible level of oil production?
2. How long after the Master Gas System was established, did it take for natural gas to be the primary fuel for creating domestic energy?
3. The super-giant oil fields cannot be part of the alternatives because what process, currently used there, makes them useless?
4. What evidence is there to indicate that Saudi Arabian oil fields will be different from the oil fields in the rest of the world?
5. What position does Abdullah Jumah hold in the Saudi Arabian oil company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the estimates of oil reserves so inaccurate? What impact does this have on the author's main point? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Arab Zone D so important? What are its characteristics? Support your answer with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of problems does the author foresee when oil production drops? What are the author's solutions? Are these expectations reasonable? Support your answer with examples and evidence from the book.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)