|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When can the true recoverability figures of an oil reserve be discovered?
2. Why must Saudi Arabia find and develop huge natural gas reserves, and soon?
3. How much unexplored area is there in Saudi Arabia?
4. Development of oil in Shaybah is what?
5. If Saudi Arabian production levels decline sharply, what will they affect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the evidence presented in the book, explain why it is unlikely that there are more, newer sources of oil to be found as replacements for aging oil fields.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the process of finding and recovering oil. Why is the process of oil recovery important to the author's argument? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why are the estimates of oil reserves so inaccurate? What impact does this have on the author's main point? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)