|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Saudi Arabia establish the Master Gas System?
2. At the October 2003 SPE conference, how many papers were presented by Saudi Arabian authors?
3. Instead of helping to recover more oil from older fields, technology has done what?
4. How many oil fields does Hawtah Trend consist of?
5. The geologists say that the Arab D Zone has eroded away over what period of time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the estimates of oil reserves so inaccurate? What impact does this have on the author's main point? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the author and the evidence the author presents, how has Saudi Arabia contributed to its own oil problems?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the arguments for and against the supposed decline of oil production in Saudi Arabia. Which arguments are effective; which are not? Use at least three examples from each side of the argument in your answer.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)