|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One paper, presented by a Saudi engineer, discusses how conventional analytical techniques are not accurately interpreting data from what type of wells?
2. Instead of helping to recover more oil from older fields, technology has done what?
3. Overproduction and what have contributed to an early decline in production in Russian oil fields?
4. When can the true recoverability figures of an oil reserve be discovered?
5. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, using examples from the book, how technology has influenced oil production. Has this been a positive or negative influence? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of problems does the author foresee when oil production drops? What are the author's solutions? Are these expectations reasonable? Support your answer with examples and evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean to be objective? Is this author an objective author? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)