|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saudi Arabia called in experts from what major petroleum company to help with Berri's problems?
2. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
3. The science of oil discovery and production is what?
4. What is the name of one of the northern sites in the Ghawar oil field?
5. Who secured the first prospecting right in Saudi Arabia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main thing that paints a gloomy picture of oil in Saudi Arabia?
2. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
3. What does Simmons claim is happening to Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
4. What are some of the improvements the author thinks will happen in OPEC countries when the price of oil rises?
5. What are some of the challenges the Saudi government faces due to their population explosion?
6. Why is using water to help maintain pressure in wells a curse?
7. What are some of the questions the decline of Saudi Arabian oil fields present to the world?
8. What is prorating?
9. What are some of the problems with oil recovery in Hadrah?
10. What has happened to the capacities of oil supplies in 2005?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how U.S. foreign policy has affected American oil supplies.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the arguments for and against the supposed decline of oil production in Saudi Arabia. Which arguments are effective; which are not? Use at least three examples from each side of the argument in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author and the evidence the author presents, how has Saudi Arabia contributed to its own oil problems?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)