|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After drilling begins, the estimates are adjusted based on what?
2. How long is Ghawar?
3. Who developed Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
4. Water is a natural part of the ________ process in oil fields.
5. In 1988, the Saudi Arabian government raised the estimate of oil reserves in the country to what level?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Senate Subcommittee on International Economic Policy's report on Ghawar conclude?
2. What important discovery occurred in 1996?
3. What are some of the improvements the author thinks will happen in OPEC countries when the price of oil rises?
4. What is causing some success at reviving dead zones of Abqaiq?
5. What was Abdullah Jumah's response when he was asked to allow independent auditors to review the field production data Saudi Aramco produces?
6. What are the steps taken before production is begun at an oil filed?
7. What has happened to the capacities of oil supplies in 2005?
8. Why did Saudi Arabia ban oil sales to the United States in 1973?
9. What happens if Saudi Arabia runs out of natural gas?
10. Why will super giants like Ghawar not be part of the secondary efforts in Saudi Arabia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain why Saudi Arabian oil is important to the world and what reasons Saudi Arabia would have for not releasing field production data.
Essay Topic 2
How did the U.S. lose its position as the number one oil supplier in the world? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of problems does the author foresee when oil production drops? What are the author's solutions? Are these expectations reasonable? Support your answer with examples and evidence from the book.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)