|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The crude oil coming from Saudi Arabia contains liberal amounts of what, which makes it less pure?
2. What is the name of the Saudi Arabian national oil company?
3. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
4. How is Abqaiq oil field described by technical experts?
5. Since when has Ghawar been yielding the bulk of Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important discovery occurred in 1996?
2. What does the Senate Subcommittee on International Economic Policy's report on Ghawar conclude?
3. Why are the facts in the SPE papers about Ghawar hard to ignore?
4. What has happened to oil fields that are similar, geographically and geologically, to Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
5. What would credible field production data from Saudi Arabia allow?
6. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
7. What do the papers presented to SPE by Saudi Aramco engineers and consultants detail when taken as a group?
8. What contradicts the claim that the government of Saudi Arabia is limiting the exploration for oil in their country?
9. Why does the author believe that Saudi Arabian oil production data has been hidden for over 20 years?
10. What happens when primary recovery at an oil field is complete?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the author and the evidence the author presents, how has Saudi Arabia contributed to its own oil problems?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the process of finding and recovering oil. Why is the process of oil recovery important to the author's argument? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three Saudi Arabian oil fields, including Ghawar, and explain how they compare to the oil fields across the world. Use specific examples and evidence provided in the book.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)