|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of data surveys are used to help determine where to drill?
2. When did prorating end?
3. Arab D Zone 2B produces approximately how much of the oil output in Saudi Arabia?
4. What will Saudi Arabia face if the oil production declines?
5. A Society of Petroleum Engineers paper written in 2004 describes what type of pump project as being successful in reviving several of Abqaiq's dead zones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is SABAIC?
2. Based on examples from around the world, what does the author conclude about the peak/decline cycle?
3. What happens if Saudi Arabia runs out of natural gas?
4. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
5. Why are the facts in the SPE papers about Ghawar hard to ignore?
6. What is not a promising sign at Yerbin Field?
7. What has happened to oil fields that are similar, geographically and geologically, to Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
8. What is the history of water injection at Abqaiq?
9. What are some of the questions the decline of Saudi Arabian oil fields present to the world?
10. What happens when primary recovery at an oil field is complete?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the author and the evidence the author presents, how has Saudi Arabia contributed to its own oil problems?
Essay Topic 2
How did the U.S. lose its position as the number one oil supplier in the world? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three Saudi Arabian oil fields, including Ghawar, and explain how they compare to the oil fields across the world. Use specific examples and evidence provided in the book.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)