|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new technology that Saudi Arabia has been implementing in their wells is associated with wells that have what?
2. Saudi Arabia called in experts from what major petroleum company to help with Berri's problems?
3. A Society of Petroleum Engineers paper written in 2004 describes what type of pump project as being successful in reviving several of Abqaiq's dead zones?
4. In 2005, the world's demand for oil exceeds what?
5. What title did Ahmed Zaki Yamani hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the capacities of oil supplies in 2005?
2. What contradicts the claim that the government of Saudi Arabia is limiting the exploration for oil in their country?
3. What is Saudi Arabia doing to search for alternative oil supplies?
4. What are appraisal wells and why are they not drilled frequently?
5. What happens when primary recovery at an oil field is complete?
6. What is causing some success at reviving dead zones of Abqaiq?
7. Why are estimated recovery figures highly inaccurate?
8. What does new technology and techniques enable to oil industry to do with aging fields?
9. What has changed in the way Saudi Arabia views natural gas over the years?
10. What has modern technology enabled Saudi Aramco to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's conclusion about Russian oil fields? Why are they not a viable replacement for Saudi Arabian oil? What evidence does the author provide to support his position?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the arguments for and against the supposed decline of oil production in Saudi Arabia. Which arguments are effective; which are not? Use at least three examples from each side of the argument in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Arab Zone D so important? What are its characteristics? Support your answer with specific examples from the book.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)