|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
2. When was Berri discovered?
3. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar shut down?
4. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
5. Sanfaniya is located where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the odds of discovering another giant oil field in Saudi Arabia slim?
2. What does Simmons claim is happening to Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
3. What has happened to oil fields that are similar, geographically and geologically, to Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
4. What are appraisal wells and why are they not drilled frequently?
5. What are some of the improvements the author thinks will happen in OPEC countries when the price of oil rises?
6. What did the G.A.O. report investigate, and what was its conclusion?
7. What is SABAIC?
8. What does the Senate Subcommittee on International Economic Policy's report on Ghawar conclude?
9. What is prorating?
10. What is not a promising sign at Yerbin Field?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, using examples from the book, how technology has influenced oil production. Has this been a positive or negative influence? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the estimates of oil reserves so inaccurate? What impact does this have on the author's main point? Provide evidence from the book in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process of finding and recovering oil. Why is the process of oil recovery important to the author's argument? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)