|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "OOIP" refers to what?
(a) Original oil in position.
(b) Original oil in place.
(c) Original oil in plans.
(d) Original oil in planes.
2. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
(a) Not successful.
(b) A failure.
(c) Moderately successful.
(d) Extremely successful.
3. What phenomenon appears to be a part of the life cycle of all large oil fields regardless of their differences?
(a) The second life phenomenon.
(b) The peak/decline phenomenon.
(c) The decay phenomenon.
(d) The water/natural gas improvement phenomenon.
4. When was Hawtah Trend discovered?
5. Why must Saudi Arabia find and develop huge natural gas reserves, and soon?
(a) Their future development depends on it.
(b) Their future role in the market depends on it.
(c) Their economy depends on it.
(d) Their people depend on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most important uses of natural gas in Saudi Arabia today?
2. How long after the Master Gas System was established, did it take for natural gas to be the primary fuel for creating domestic energy?
3. One of the discoveries made between 2004 and 2006 is known as what type of reserve?
4. How many new discoveries are on Saudi Arabia's official list of developments?
5. The Shaybah field is located where?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)