|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the estimates of Saudi Arabian oil reserves made in the 1970's were accurate, what is about to end?
(a) Saudi Arabia's reign as global oil king.
(c) Oil production in Saudi Arabia.
(d) Foreign dependence on Saudi oil.
2. In the early days of oil exploration, natural gas was seen as what?
(a) A problem to overcome.
(b) An indicator oil was nearby.
(d) A challenge.
3. When did Saudi Arabia establish the Master Gas System?
4. Why is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve rarely done?
(a) Too many steps to take.
(b) Too few people know how to do it.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Takes too much time.
5. "OOIP" refers to what?
(a) Original oil in planes.
(b) Original oil in place.
(c) Original oil in position.
(d) Original oil in plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. The neutral zone oil is shared between Saudi Arabia and what country?
2. The Shaybah field is located where?
3. How many new discoveries are on Saudi Arabia's official list of developments?
4. What was one of the issues addressed by the Saudi Arabian papers at the October 2003 SPE conference?
5. Some people suggest that exploration for oil in Saudi Arabia has been less than successful in recent years because of what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)