|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Abqaiq oil field described by technical experts?
(a) Extremely remote.
(b) Extremely volitile.
(c) Extremely mature.
(d) Extremely young.
2. When does oil exploration begin in Saudi Arabia?
3. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. The three northern sites of Ghawar represent what total of the field?
5. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar reopen?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many barrels of oil has Ghawar produced?
2. Saudia Arabia became the third largest oil producer in the world behind who?
3. The oil production in southern Ghawar is what?
4. Arab D Zone 2B is what type of formation?
5. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the papers presented to SPE by Saudi Aramco engineers and consultants detail when taken as a group?
2. What has happened to oil fields that are similar, geographically and geologically, to Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
3. What did Dr. Saleri highlight in his 2003 paper that confirms finding oil in Saudi Arabia is challenging?
4. Why are the odds of discovering another giant oil field in Saudi Arabia slim?
5. What happens to Saudi Arabia in the years prior to the 1970's, and why is it unusual?
6. Why are the facts in the SPE papers about Ghawar hard to ignore?
7. What are some of the challenges the Saudi government faces due to their population explosion?
8. What are some of the speculations about why OPEC stopped releasing field production data?
9. Why are Abqaiq, Sanfaniya, and Berri having technological challenges similar to Ghawar?
10. What are appraisal wells and why are they not drilled frequently?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)