|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. Who promised King Faisal's father that Saudia Arabia would be consulted on any U.S. decision involving Palestine?
3. Why did the reports on the production levels for each field end?
(a) No one knows the true reason.
(b) They were not helpful to anyone.
(c) They were considered security breaches.
(d) They were too expensive.
4. Where was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
5. At the time of writing this book, Saudi Arabia had produced how many barrels of oil in the past 17 years?
(a) 38 billion.
(b) 34 billion.
(c) 46 billion.
(d) 42 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of data surveys are used to help determine where to drill?
2. The science of oil discovery and production is what?
3. Berri is located where?
4. Saudi Arabia becomes an oil super power when whose oil production declines?
5. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is SABAIC?
2. Why did Saudi Arabia ban oil sales to the United States in 1973?
3. Why are Abqaiq, Sanfaniya, and Berri having technological challenges similar to Ghawar?
4. What was Abdullah Jumah's response when he was asked to allow independent auditors to review the field production data Saudi Aramco produces?
5. What does Simmons claim is happening to Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
6. What important discovery occurred in 1996?
7. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
8. What does the rush to increase production in the Saudi Arabian wells do to the wells?
9. What contradicts the claim that the government of Saudi Arabia is limiting the exploration for oil in their country?
10. What kinds of modern technologies are used to search for oil?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)