|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of zones are found in all three of the super-giant reservoirs in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Super T.
(b) Super K.
(c) Super L.
(d) Super G.
2. How many square miles does Ghawar cover?
(a) Over 3,000.
(b) Over 4,000.
(c) Over 2,000.
(d) Over 5,000.
3. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
(a) Depletion curve.
(b) Declining curve.
(c) Depreciation curve.
(d) Devolution curve.
4. When did the United States's oil production peak?
5. The science of oil discovery and production is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the reports on the production levels for each field end?
2. How many barrels of oil has Ghawar produced?
3. Where is Prudhoe Bay?
4. When does oil production begin in Saudia Arabia?
5. When was Berri discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is using water to help maintain pressure in wells a curse?
2. What does new technology and techniques enable to oil industry to do with aging fields?
3. Based on examples from around the world, what does the author conclude about the peak/decline cycle?
4. What has happened to the capacities of oil supplies in 2005?
5. What has changed in the way Saudi Arabia views natural gas over the years?
6. What do the massive investments by Saudi Arabia in simulation technology indicate?
7. What happens if Saudi Arabia runs out of natural gas?
8. What did the G.A.O. report investigate, and what was its conclusion?
9. What has happened to the purity of the oil in Saudi Arabia?
10. What do the papers presented to SPE by Saudi Aramco engineers and consultants detail when taken as a group?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)