|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Simmons uses technical papers written for whom?
(a) The Society of Gasoline Engineers.
(b) The Society of Oil Engineers.
(c) The Society of Energy Engineers.
(d) The Society of Petroleum Engineers.
2. What did Saudi Arabian engineers present at the S.P.E. conferences?
(a) Technical papers.
(b) Production data.
(d) Advances in technology.
3. When does the Middle East become associated with oil production?
4. The science of oil discovery and production is what?
5. Who developed Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Saudi Arabia established?
2. Without any significant new discoveries, Saudi Arabia will lose what percentage of its oil production when Ghawar closes down?
3. Where is Matthew Simmons from?
4. Sanfaniya is located where?
5. What job does Matthew Simmons hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ghawar.
2. What does new technology and techniques enable to oil industry to do with aging fields?
3. What does the rush to increase production in the Saudi Arabian wells do to the wells?
4. What is SABAIC?
5. Why did Saudi Aramco call in Mobil, and what did they do?
6. What did the G.A.O. report investigate, and what was its conclusion?
7. What did Dr. Saleri highlight in his 2003 paper that confirms finding oil in Saudi Arabia is challenging?
8. Why are estimated recovery figures highly inaccurate?
9. What has happened to oil fields that are similar, geographically and geologically, to Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
10. What important discovery occurred in 1996?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)