|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experts estimate that more than what percent of Berri's oil will be unrecovered?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
2. In 2005, the world's demand for oil exceeds what?
(a) 70 million barrels a day.
(b) 75 million barrels a day.
(c) 86 million barrels a day.
(d) 80 million barrels a day.
3. Without any significant new discoveries, Saudi Arabia will lose what percentage of its oil production when Ghawar closes down?
(a) Less than half.
(b) Approximately 75%.
(c) More than half.
(d) Aprroximately 80%.
4. How is Abqaiq oil field described by technical experts?
(a) Extremely young.
(b) Extremely volitile.
(c) Extremely remote.
(d) Extremely mature.
5. The crude oil coming from Saudi Arabia contains liberal amounts of what, which makes it less pure?
(b) Sea water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Offshore exploration is banned in the United States except where?
2. How many fields are there, after Ghawar, that produce significant levels of oil in Saudi Arabia?
3. The oil production in southern Ghawar is what?
4. How long did it take Saudi Arabia to increase production from three million barrels a day to eight million barrels a day?
5. Who was the first king of Saudia Arabia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is causing some success at reviving dead zones of Abqaiq?
2. What happens if Saudi Arabia runs out of natural gas?
3. What important discovery occurred in 1996?
4. What do the massive investments by Saudi Arabia in simulation technology indicate?
5. What are the steps taken before production is begun at an oil filed?
6. What would credible field production data from Saudi Arabia allow?
7. What is Saudi Arabia doing to search for alternative oil supplies?
8. Describe the water injection process and when it is used.
9. What are some of the problems Ghawar is encountering?
10. Describe Ghawar.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)