|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It has become far more _________ _________ to maintain the high rate of oil production in Saudi Arabia.
(a) Technologically intensive.
(b) Capital intensive.
(c) Equipment intensive.
(d) Labor intensive.
2. Why did the reports on the production levels for each field end?
(a) They were too expensive.
(b) They were considered security breaches.
(c) No one knows the true reason.
(d) They were not helpful to anyone.
3. What evidence is there to support Saudi Arabia's claim that there is enough oil in their fields to last forever?
(a) Government reports.
(b) Independent investigations.
(d) Scientific evidence.
4. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
(a) Reservoir purification technology.
(b) Reservoir damage-control technology.
(c) Reservoir stimulation technology.
(d) Reservoir preservation technology.
5. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
(a) Depreciation curve.
(b) Devolution curve.
(c) Depletion curve.
(d) Declining curve.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Berri discovered?
2. The three northern sites of Ghawar represent what total of the field?
3. How many barrels of oil has Ghawar produced?
4. Saudi Arabia, because the oil now is less pure, invests a lot of money in what?
5. How many square miles does Ghawar cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would credible field production data from Saudi Arabia allow?
2. What does the rush to increase production in the Saudi Arabian wells do to the wells?
3. Why is the discovery of the Hawtah Trend not an answer to Saudi Arabia's oil production problem?
4. What does Aramco do in the midst of the Great Depression?
5. Describe Ghawar.
6. Why are the odds of discovering another giant oil field in Saudi Arabia slim?
7. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
8. What happens when primary recovery at an oil field is complete?
9. When and why did the Middle East become associated with oil production?
10. What contradicts the claim that the government of Saudi Arabia is limiting the exploration for oil in their country?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)