|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many "huge reserves" are there in Saudi Arabia?
2. Which U.S. President supported the creation of the State of Israel?
3. The crude oil coming from Saudi Arabia contains liberal amounts of what, which makes it less pure?
(c) Sea water.
4. The three northern sites of Ghawar represent what total of the field?
5. During which war did the expansion on the Saudi Arabian oil projects stop?
(b) The 20 years war.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2005, what is the only country in the world with unused oil capacity?
2. How many fields are there, after Ghawar, that produce significant levels of oil in Saudi Arabia?
3. When did the United States's oil production peak?
4. Simmons uses technical papers written for whom?
5. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are estimated recovery figures highly inaccurate?
2. What are appraisal wells and why are they not drilled frequently?
3. What does new technology and techniques enable to oil industry to do with aging fields?
4. What happens when primary recovery at an oil field is complete?
5. Why did Saudi Aramco call in Mobil, and what did they do?
6. What does the rush to increase production in the Saudi Arabian wells do to the wells?
7. What do the massive investments by Saudi Arabia in simulation technology indicate?
8. What does the Senate Subcommittee on International Economic Policy's report on Ghawar conclude?
9. In order to be optimistic about the future of oil in Saudi Arabia, what are some of the assumptions one must hold?
10. What was Abdullah Jumah's response when he was asked to allow independent auditors to review the field production data Saudi Aramco produces?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)