|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neutral zone oil is shared between Saudi Arabia and what country?
2. Why must Saudi Arabia find and develop huge natural gas reserves, and soon?
(a) Their people depend on it.
(b) Their future role in the market depends on it.
(c) Their economy depends on it.
(d) Their future development depends on it.
3. Where are some of the other giant oil fields in the world, besides Saudi Arabia?
4. According to the author, where does the future of Saudi Arabian oil production lay?
(a) In natural gas production.
(b) In the offshore drilling areas.
(c) In the oil left behind.
(d) In the neutral zone.
5. At the October 2003 SPE conference, how many papers were presented by Saudi Arabian authors?
6. In what year did geologists determine that the Arab D Zone has eroded away and been replaced by younger rock?
7. Where does Saudi Arabia invest money in order to maintain its position as the largest oil supplier in the world?
(a) Searching for new fields.
(b) Reviving old fields.
(c) Developing new technology.
(d) Making current production more effective.
8. Between 2004 and 2006, how many oil discoveries were made?
9. What phenomenon appears to be a part of the life cycle of all large oil fields regardless of their differences?
(a) The second life phenomenon.
(b) The decay phenomenon.
(c) The peak/decline phenomenon.
(d) The water/natural gas improvement phenomenon.
10. "OOIP" refers to what?
(a) Original oil in place.
(b) Original oil in plans.
(c) Original oil in position.
(d) Original oil in planes.
11. How many new discoveries are on Saudi Arabia's official list of developments?
12. If the estimates of Saudi Arabian oil reserves made in the 1970's were accurate, what is about to end?
(a) Foreign dependence on Saudi oil.
(b) Saudi Arabia's reign as global oil king.
(c) Oil production in Saudi Arabia.
13. What position does Abdullah Jumah hold in the Saudi Arabian oil company?
14. When was Hawtah Trend discovered?
15. How long after the Master Gas System was established, did it take for natural gas to be the primary fuel for creating domestic energy?
(a) A decade.
(b) Two decades.
(c) Half a decade.
(d) A decade and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people suggest that exploration for oil in Saudi Arabia has been less than successful in recent years because of what?
2. When was Yerbin field discovered?
3. The Shaybah field is located where?
4. Dr. Nansen Saleri heads what type of management group?
5. The super-giant oil fields cannot be part of the alternatives because what process, currently used there, makes them useless?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)