|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who printed in 2005 an article about Saudi Arabian oil fields facing challenges?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) The Economist.
(d) The New York Times.
2. The information contained in the SPE papers confirms the uncertainty of Saudi Arabia's what?
(a) Current oil production.
(b) Future oil finds.
(c) Efforts to find oil.
(d) Estimated oil reserves.
3. The Shaybah field is located where?
(a) The Shallow Quarter.
(b) The Exhausted Quater.
(c) The Empty Quarter.
(d) The Eastern Quarter.
4. Saudi Arabian officials are making impressive predictions about oil fields which have a history of what?
(a) Poor quality and excessive quantities.
(b) Easily excessible oil and high levels of purity.
(c) Problems and poor performance.
(d) Hard to reach oil but large quantities.
5. Between 2004 and 2006, how many oil discoveries were made?
6. Why is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve rarely done?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) Too few people know how to do it.
(c) Too many steps to take.
(d) Takes too much time.
7. What kind of logic describes the black and white area of interpretation?
(a) Problematic logic.
(b) Fuzzy logic.
(c) Logical logic.
(d) Clear logic.
8. What makes it unlikely that the papers presented to the SPE are exaggerations to make the authors look impressive?
(a) The sheer volume of papers.
(b) The professionalism of the writers.
(c) The details in the papers.
(d) The SPE screening process.
9. Development of oil in Shaybah is what?
(a) Technologically dependent and expensive.
(b) A sure thing.
(c) Complex and risky.
(d) Inexpensive but labor intensive.
10. Shaybah is located near Saudi Arabia's border with what nation?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
11. Hawtah Trend becomes the first oil produced outside of what?
(a) The Southern Province.
(b) The Northern Province.
(c) The Western Province.
(d) The Eastern Province.
12. How many oil fields does Hawtah Trend consist of?
13. What is one of the most important uses of natural gas in Saudi Arabia today?
(a) To power the larger urban centers.
(b) To power the oil drills.
(c) To power remote medical clinics.
(d) To power desalination plants.
14. The Master Gas System used the natural gas to fuel what industry?
(a) Chemical industry.
(b) Biological industries.
(c) Transportation industry.
(d) Pyrotechnical industry.
15. Oil in Saudi Arabia will not last ____________.
(a) For more than a decade.
(d) Past the 22nd century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Saudi Arabia find and develop huge natural gas reserves, and soon?
2. What has happened at the other giant oil fields in the world?
3. Where does Saudi Arabia invest money in order to maintain its position as the largest oil supplier in the world?
4. At the October 2003 SPE conference, how many papers were presented by Saudi Arabian authors?
5. Some people suggest that exploration for oil in Saudi Arabia has been less than successful in recent years because of what?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)