|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did geologists determine that the Arab D Zone has eroded away and been replaced by younger rock?
2. Shaybah is located near Saudi Arabia's border with what nation?
(d) United Arab Emirates.
3. Who printed in 2005 an article about Saudi Arabian oil fields facing challenges?
(a) The New York Times.
(c) The Economist.
(d) The New Yorker.
4. What position does Abdullah Jumah hold in the Saudi Arabian oil company?
5. When can the true recoverability figures of an oil reserve be discovered?
(a) When the reserve reaches its peak.
(b) When the reserve matures.
(c) When the reserve starts producing on a regular basis.
(d) When the reserve is shut down.
6. The geologists say that the Arab D Zone has eroded away over what period of time?
(a) Thousands of years.
(b) Hundereds of thousands of years.
(c) Millions of years.
(d) Tens of thousands of years.
7. Why is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve rarely done?
(a) Too few people know how to do it.
(b) Takes too much time.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Too many steps to take.
8. Where was the October 2003 SPE Annual Technical Conference held?
9. What has happened at the other giant oil fields in the world?
(a) They have peaked, and replacements have been found.
(b) They have peaked, then had sharp declines.
(c) They have peaked, then been brought back with new technology.
(d) They have peaked, and no more oil has been recovered.
10. What has been found to replace the aging heavy producing oil fields in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Offshore oil fields.
(b) Natural gas fields.
(d) New oil fields.
11. How has modern technology helped in predicting what oil reserves are present?
(a) It has enabled oil to be counted exactly.
(b) It hasn't.
(c) It has developed means to find oil through satellites.
(d) It has held estimates be closer to fact.
12. What kind of logic describes the black and white area of interpretation?
(a) Fuzzy logic.
(b) Clear logic.
(c) Logical logic.
(d) Problematic logic.
13. The information contained in the SPE papers confirms the uncertainty of Saudi Arabia's what?
(a) Current oil production.
(b) Estimated oil reserves.
(c) Efforts to find oil.
(d) Future oil finds.
14. What kind of crisis will occur if Saudi Arabian oil production declines sharply?
(a) Global economic crisis.
(b) Global food shortage.
(c) Global energy crisis.
(d) Global transportation crisis.
15. How long after the Master Gas System was established, did it take for natural gas to be the primary fuel for creating domestic energy?
(a) A decade and a half.
(b) Two decades.
(c) Half a decade.
(d) A decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many new discoveries are on Saudi Arabia's official list of developments?
2. By using the history of other fields around the world, the author hopes to make what point?
3. What is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve?
4. In the 1950's natural gas was seen as a useful product for what?
5. When Saudi Arabia began drilling just for natural gas, they encountered problems with sand and what?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)