|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Saudi Arabia find and develop huge natural gas reserves, and soon?
(a) Their people depend on it.
(b) Their future development depends on it.
(c) Their economy depends on it.
(d) Their future role in the market depends on it.
2. When did Saudi Arabia establish the Master Gas System?
3. How many oil fields does Hawtah Trend consist of?
4. What has happened at the other giant oil fields in the world?
(a) They have peaked, and no more oil has been recovered.
(b) They have peaked, and replacements have been found.
(c) They have peaked, then had sharp declines.
(d) They have peaked, then been brought back with new technology.
5. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
(a) Moderately successful.
(b) A failure.
(c) Extremely successful.
(d) Not successful.
6. How has modern technology helped in predicting what oil reserves are present?
(a) It hasn't.
(b) It has developed means to find oil through satellites.
(c) It has enabled oil to be counted exactly.
(d) It has held estimates be closer to fact.
7. What kind of crisis will occur if Saudi Arabian oil production declines sharply?
(a) Global energy crisis.
(b) Global transportation crisis.
(c) Global economic crisis.
(d) Global food shortage.
8. Where was the October 2003 SPE Annual Technical Conference held?
9. Instead of helping to recover more oil from older fields, technology has done what?
(a) Enabled oil to be recovered more quickly.
(b) Enabled oil to be recovered from remote places.
(c) Enabled oil to be recovered more purely.
(d) Enabled oil to be recovered without so much damage.
10. Saudi Arabian officials are making impressive predictions about oil fields which have a history of what?
(a) Hard to reach oil but large quantities.
(b) Problems and poor performance.
(c) Easily excessible oil and high levels of purity.
(d) Poor quality and excessive quantities.
11. One of the discoveries made between 2004 and 2006 is known as what type of reserve?
(b) Natural gas-only.
12. What position does Abdullah Jumah hold in the Saudi Arabian oil company?
13. Why is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve rarely done?
(a) Too few people know how to do it.
(b) Takes too much time.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Too many steps to take.
14. Where are some of the giant oil fields that are geographically and geologically similar to Saudi Arabian fields located?
15. How many new discoveries are on Saudi Arabia's official list of developments?
Short Answer Questions
1. The information contained in the SPE papers confirms the uncertainty of Saudi Arabia's what?
2. When was Hawtah Trend discovered?
3. The neutral zone oil is shared between Saudi Arabia and what country?
4. Some people believe that Saudi Arabia's interest in Shaybah is not desperation, but what?
5. Detail in papers for the SPE indicate that Saudi Arabia has had what kind of exploration effort over the past 30 years?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)