|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Prudhoe Bay?
2. Sanfaniya is located where?
(a) Beneath a river.
(b) Under mountains.
(c) In a valley.
3. After drilling begins, the estimates are adjusted based on what?
(a) Current estimation techniques.
(b) World price fluctuations.
(c) Length of time it takes to drill.
(d) Actual performace data.
4. Who insists that Saudi Arabia will continue to be able to meet the demand for oil?
(a) Saudia Arabian government.
(b) The United States.
(d) Economic researchers.
5. Offshore exploration is banned in the United States except where?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The coast of California.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
6. When Saudi Arabia entered the world of oil production, it was __________ to generate.
7. Water became a commonly used primary technique in what area first?
8. What is the name of the Saudi Arabian national oil company?
(a) Saudi Texaco.
(b) Saudi Gas and Petroleum.
(c) Saudi Aramco.
(d) Saudi Oil.
9. Why does Saudi Arabia try to limit oil production?
(a) To keep oil prices high.
(b) To limit the number of Americans in the country.
(c) To keep national control over the oil fields.
(d) To prevent damages from overproduction.
10. A Society of Petroleum Engineers paper written in 2004 describes what type of pump project as being successful in reviving several of Abqaiq's dead zones?
(a) Manual injection pump.
(b) Multiple pump.
(c) Multiphase pump.
(d) Manual seperator pump.
11. Saudia Arabia became the third largest oil producer in the world behind who?
12. With the drop of pressure in key fields, what production is increased in the wells?
13. Who did the United States government ask to investigate Saudi Arabia's ability to meet global oil demands?
(a) The GAO.
(c) M.I.T. researchers.
(d) The Heritage Institute.
14. Who secured the first prospecting right in Saudi Arabia?
15. How many "huge reserves" are there in Saudi Arabia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many barrels of oil has Ghawar produced?
2. What did Saudi Arabian engineers present at the S.P.E. conferences?
3. It has become far more _________ _________ to maintain the high rate of oil production in Saudi Arabia.
4. Who was the first king of Saudia Arabia?
5. When was the Spindletop field discovered?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)