|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
2. Who developed Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
(b) The United States.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar reopen?
4. Saudi Arabia called in experts from what major petroleum company to help with Berri's problems?
5. How long is Ghawar?
(a) 156 miles.
(b) 182 miles.
(c) 174 miles.
(d) 121 miles.
6. In 2005, what is the only country in the world with unused oil capacity?
(a) United States.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
7. In 1988, the Saudi Arabian government raised the estimate of oil reserves in the country to what level?
(a) 300 billion barrels.
(b) 350 billion barrels.
(c) 400 billion barrels.
(d) 450 billion barrels.
8. When did prorating end?
9. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar shut down?
10. What is the partnership called, that is formed to fund drilling and production in Saudi Arabia?
11. After the amount of oil in a place is estimated, what is estimated next?
(a) The selling price of the oil.
(b) The purity of the oil.
(c) The cost of recovering the oil.
(d) The amount of recoverable oil.
12. Who insists that Saudi Arabia will continue to be able to meet the demand for oil?
(a) The United States.
(c) Saudia Arabian government.
(d) Economic researchers.
13. Arab D Zone 2B is what type of formation?
14. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
(a) Reservoir preservation technology.
(b) Reservoir purification technology.
(c) Reservoir stimulation technology.
(d) Reservoir damage-control technology.
15. Who was the first king of Saudia Arabia?
(a) Abdul Aziz.
(b) Abdul Saud.
(c) Adbul Mallah.
(d) Abdul Faisal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Matthew Simmons from?
2. Saudia Arabia became the third largest oil producer in the world behind who?
3. Who promised King Faisal's father that Saudia Arabia would be consulted on any U.S. decision involving Palestine?
4. It has become far more _________ _________ to maintain the high rate of oil production in Saudi Arabia.
5. Saudi Arabia becomes an oil super power when whose oil production declines?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)