|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2002, a paper was published, by Saudi experts, that detailed the problems with oil recovery at what Ghawar location?
(b) 'Ain Dar.
2. Since when has Ghawar been yielding the bulk of Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
3. Where is Prudhoe Bay?
4. How long did it take Saudi Arabia to increase production from three million barrels a day to eight million barrels a day?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two and a half years.
5. What else does Saudi Arabia harvest from the oil fields?
(c) Natural gases.
6. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
7. Saudia Arabia became the third largest oil producer in the world behind who?
8. Water became a commonly used primary technique in what area first?
9. When does water injection become a permanent part of oil production at Abqaiq?
10. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
(a) At least once a year.
(b) Once every five years.
(d) Once a decade.
11. Who secured the first prospecting right in Saudi Arabia?
12. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
(a) Reservoir purification technology.
(b) Reservoir stimulation technology.
(c) Reservoir preservation technology.
(d) Reservoir damage-control technology.
13. When did Sanfaniya begin to experience problems with sand mixing with the oil?
(a) Early 1980's.
(b) Late 1980's.
(c) Mid 1980's.
14. In 2005, the world's demand for oil exceeds what?
(a) 75 million barrels a day.
(b) 70 million barrels a day.
(c) 80 million barrels a day.
(d) 86 million barrels a day.
15. The crude oil coming from Saudi Arabia contains liberal amounts of what, which makes it less pure?
(d) Sea water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does oil exploration begin in Saudi Arabia?
2. Where is Matthew Simmons from?
3. What industry does Matthew Simmons specialize in?
4. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
5. When Saudi Arabia entered the world of oil production, it was __________ to generate.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)