|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title did Ahmed Zaki Yamani hold?
(a) Saudi Arabian oil minister.
(b) Saudi Arabian foriegn minister.
(c) Saudi Arabian economic minister.
(d) Saudi Arabian defense minister.
2. On March 3, 1938, which well began pumping a significant amount of oil?
(a) Damman 7.
(b) Damman 4.
(c) Damman 3.
(d) Damman 6.
3. How long did it take Saudi Arabia to increase production from three million barrels a day to eight million barrels a day?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two and a half years.
4. What kind of data surveys are used to help determine where to drill?
(a) Seismic data surveys.
(b) Gas pressure data surveys.
(c) Oil data surveys.
(d) Water data surveys.
5. What is the partnership called, that is formed to fund drilling and production in Saudi Arabia?
6. The oil production in southern Ghawar is what?
(a) Inexpensive and limited.
(b) Inexpensive and extensive.
(c) Expensive and limited.
(d) Expensive and extensive.
7. How many square miles does Ghawar cover?
(a) Over 3,000.
(b) Over 4,000.
(c) Over 2,000.
(d) Over 5,000.
8. A Society of Petroleum Engineers paper written in 2004 describes what type of pump project as being successful in reviving several of Abqaiq's dead zones?
(a) Manual seperator pump.
(b) Multiple pump.
(c) Multiphase pump.
(d) Manual injection pump.
9. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
10. What is the name of the Saudi Arabian national oil company?
(a) Saudi Aramco.
(b) Saudi Oil.
(c) Saudi Gas and Petroleum.
(d) Saudi Texaco.
11. Who did the United States government ask to investigate Saudi Arabia's ability to meet global oil demands?
(b) The Heritage Institute.
(c) The GAO.
(d) M.I.T. researchers.
12. What job does Matthew Simmons hold?
(a) Investment banker.
(b) Company CEO.
(c) Oil speculator.
(d) Federal Reserve Chairman.
13. What type of zones are found in all three of the super-giant reservoirs in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Super T.
(b) Super K.
(c) Super G.
(d) Super L.
14. Why does Saudi Arabia try to limit oil production?
(a) To limit the number of Americans in the country.
(b) To keep oil prices high.
(c) To keep national control over the oil fields.
(d) To prevent damages from overproduction.
15. Who insists that Saudi Arabia will continue to be able to meet the demand for oil?
(b) The United States.
(c) Saudia Arabian government.
(d) Economic researchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
2. When did the United States's oil production peak?
3. When does oil exploration begin in Saudi Arabia?
4. Water is a natural part of the ________ process in oil fields.
5. How many barrels of oil has Ghawar produced?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)