|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Saudi Arabia harvest from the oil fields?
(b) Natural gases.
2. With OPEC's secrecy regarding oil production levels, what is unclear?
(a) Whether OPEC countries can produce oil.
(b) Whether OPEC countries are engaged in price inflation.
(c) Whether Saudi Arabia can continue production at high levels.
(d) Whether Saudi Arabia will stay the number one oil producer.
3. Socony-Vaccum became which company?
(a) Standard Oil.
4. Approximately how much does it cost to dispose of the water generated by oil production?
(a) $40 billion per year.
(b) $40 billion over the life of a well.
(c) $40 billion per week.
(d) $40 billion per month.
5. In the 1930's Oklahoma limited the number of days per month oil companies could operate to protect what?
(a) The state.
(b) The environment.
(c) The oil workers.
(d) Oil prices.
6. What is the partnership called, that is formed to fund drilling and production in Saudi Arabia?
7. Since when has Ghawar been yielding the bulk of Saudi Arabia's oil supplies?
8. How long did it take for the Saudi Arabian population to quadruple?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 60 years.
9. What evidence is there to support Saudi Arabia's claim that there is enough oil in their fields to last forever?
(a) Government reports.
(b) Scientific evidence.
(d) Independent investigations.
10. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar reopen?
11. In 2005, what is the only country in the world with unused oil capacity?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(d) United States.
12. Offshore exploration is banned in the United States except where?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The coast of California.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
13. When does oil production begin in Saudia Arabia?
14. Saudi Arabia, because the oil now is less pure, invests a lot of money in what?
(a) Gas oil purification plants.
(b) Gas oil separation plants.
(c) Gas oil crude plants.
(d) Gas oil technology plants.
15. What job does Matthew Simmons hold?
(a) Oil speculator.
(b) Federal Reserve Chairman.
(c) Company CEO.
(d) Investment banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Middle East become associated with oil production?
2. Arab D Zone 2B is what type of formation?
3. What is Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
4. What kind of data surveys are used to help determine where to drill?
5. What will Saudi Arabia face if the oil production declines?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)