|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phenomenon appears to be a part of the life cycle of all large oil fields regardless of their differences?
(a) The peak/decline phenomenon.
(b) The water/natural gas improvement phenomenon.
(c) The decay phenomenon.
(d) The second life phenomenon.
2. Which U.S. President supported the creation of the State of Israel?
3. Saudi Arabian officials are making impressive predictions about oil fields which have a history of what?
(a) Hard to reach oil but large quantities.
(b) Poor quality and excessive quantities.
(c) Easily excessible oil and high levels of purity.
(d) Problems and poor performance.
4. What was one of the issues addressed by the Saudi Arabian papers at the October 2003 SPE conference?
(b) Reserve levels.
(c) Oil purity.
(d) Sandstone oil fields.
5. Who was the first king of Saudia Arabia?
(a) Abdul Faisal.
(b) Abdul Aziz.
(c) Abdul Saud.
(d) Adbul Mallah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the most accurate way to determine the true potential of a reserve rarely done?
2. In 2005, the world's demand for oil exceeds what?
3. Who secured the first prospecting right in Saudi Arabia?
4. What makes it unlikely that the papers presented to the SPE are exaggerations to make the authors look impressive?
5. What industry does Matthew Simmons specialize in?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)