|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
2. After drilling begins, the estimates are adjusted based on what?
(a) World price fluctuations.
(b) Actual performace data.
(c) Current estimation techniques.
(d) Length of time it takes to drill.
3. In the 1930's Oklahoma limited the number of days per month oil companies could operate to protect what?
(a) The oil workers.
(b) The state.
(c) The environment.
(d) Oil prices.
4. What job does Matthew Simmons hold?
(a) Federal Reserve Chairman.
(b) Company CEO.
(c) Oil speculator.
(d) Investment banker.
5. Arab D Zone 2B contains what type of rock?
(b) No rock at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does oil exploration begin in Saudi Arabia?
2. It has become far more _________ _________ to maintain the high rate of oil production in Saudi Arabia.
3. Where was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
4. Sanfaniya is located where?
5. When was Hawtah Trend discovered?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)