|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence is there to support Saudi Arabia's claim that there is enough oil in their fields to last forever?
(b) Independent investigations.
(c) Scientific evidence.
(d) Government reports.
2. When does the Middle East become associated with oil production?
3. Sanfaniya is located where?
(b) In a valley.
(c) Under mountains.
(d) Beneath a river.
4. The new technology that Saudi Arabia has been implementing in their wells is associated with wells that have what?
(a) Increased in production.
(b) Held steady in production.
(c) Had problems with their production.
(d) Declined in production.
5. Where is the Spindletop field located?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1988, the Saudi Arabian government raised the estimate of oil reserves in the country to what level?
2. During which war did the expansion on the Saudi Arabian oil projects stop?
3. Which U.S. President supported the creation of the State of Israel?
4. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
5. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar shut down?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)