|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Matthew Simmons specialize in?
2. When did the oil production in southern Ghawar reopen?
3. When does water injection become a permanent part of oil production at Abqaiq?
4. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
(a) Depreciation curve.
(b) Depletion curve.
(c) Declining curve.
(d) Devolution curve.
5. Saudi Arabia, because the oil now is less pure, invests a lot of money in what?
(a) Gas oil technology plants.
(b) Gas oil crude plants.
(c) Gas oil separation plants.
(d) Gas oil purification plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. On March 3, 1938, which well began pumping a significant amount of oil?
2. Why did the reports on the production levels for each field end?
3. In 1988, the Saudi Arabian government raised the estimate of oil reserves in the country to what level?
4. When did prorating end?
5. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)