|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With OPEC's secrecy regarding oil production levels, what is unclear?
(a) Whether OPEC countries can produce oil.
(b) Whether Saudi Arabia can continue production at high levels.
(c) Whether Saudi Arabia will stay the number one oil producer.
(d) Whether OPEC countries are engaged in price inflation.
2. Why does Saudi Arabia try to limit oil production?
(a) To keep oil prices high.
(b) To keep national control over the oil fields.
(c) To limit the number of Americans in the country.
(d) To prevent damages from overproduction.
3. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
(a) Once every five years.
(c) Once a decade.
(d) At least once a year.
4. What is the name of the Saudi Arabian national oil company?
(a) Saudi Oil.
(b) Saudi Texaco.
(c) Saudi Gas and Petroleum.
(d) Saudi Aramco.
5. Why did the reports on the production levels for each field end?
(a) No one knows the true reason.
(b) They were not helpful to anyone.
(c) They were considered security breaches.
(d) They were too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which U.S. President supported the creation of the State of Israel?
2. What did Saudi Arabian engineers present at the S.P.E. conferences?
3. Who promised King Faisal's father that Saudia Arabia would be consulted on any U.S. decision involving Palestine?
4. Who did the United States government ask to investigate Saudi Arabia's ability to meet global oil demands?
5. What title did Ahmed Zaki Yamani hold?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)