|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Spindletop field located?
2. It has become far more _________ _________ to maintain the high rate of oil production in Saudi Arabia.
(a) Equipment intensive.
(b) Capital intensive.
(c) Technologically intensive.
(d) Labor intensive.
3. How long did it take Saudi Arabia to increase production from three million barrels a day to eight million barrels a day?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Six months.
4. When free-flowing oil in Saudi Arabia ends, what is the only alternative to find oil?
(a) Rehabilitation efforts.
(b) Shale and surface drilling.
(c) Secondary recovery efforts.
(d) Cleanup efforts.
5. What was one of the issues addressed by the Saudi Arabian papers at the October 2003 SPE conference?
(b) Sandstone oil fields.
(c) Reserve levels.
(d) Oil purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2005, the world's demand for oil exceeds what?
2. What type of zones are found in all three of the super-giant reservoirs in Saudi Arabia?
3. One of the discoveries made between 2004 and 2006 is known as what type of reserve?
4. When did the United States's oil production peak?
5. Simmons uses technical papers written for whom?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)