|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A SPE paper says that the best approach to steadily increasing water cuts is to choke back what?
(a) A well's rate of production.
(b) A well's purification efforts.
(c) A well's drilling speed.
(d) A well's drilling depth.
2. The Shaybah field is located where?
(a) The Exhausted Quater.
(b) The Shallow Quarter.
(c) The Eastern Quarter.
(d) The Empty Quarter.
3. When the United States's oil production declined, who stepped in to become the world's leading oil producer?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. What phenomenon appears to be a part of the life cycle of all large oil fields regardless of their differences?
(a) The water/natural gas improvement phenomenon.
(b) The second life phenomenon.
(c) The decay phenomenon.
(d) The peak/decline phenomenon.
5. Overproduction and what have contributed to an early decline in production in Russian oil fields?
(a) Civil wars.
(b) Poor management.
(c) Lack of technology.
(d) Damage to the surrounding areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been found to replace the aging heavy producing oil fields in Saudi Arabia?
2. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
3. With OPEC's secrecy regarding oil production levels, what is unclear?
4. How long after the Master Gas System was established, did it take for natural gas to be the primary fuel for creating domestic energy?
5. When was Yerbin field discovered?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)