|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Matthew Simmons from?
2. When does the Middle East become associated with oil production?
3. When was the Spindletop field discovered?
4. Who secured the first prospecting right in Saudi Arabia?
5. On March 3, 1938, which well began pumping a significant amount of oil?
(a) Damman 7.
(b) Damman 4.
(c) Damman 3.
(d) Damman 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
2. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
3. Simmons uses technical papers written for whom?
4. Who developed Parallel Oil, Water, and Gas Reservoir Stimulator?
5. Who did the United States government ask to investigate Saudi Arabia's ability to meet global oil demands?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)