|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Detail in papers for the SPE indicate that Saudi Arabia has had what kind of exploration effort over the past 30 years?
2. After the amount of oil in a place is estimated, what is estimated next?
(a) The amount of recoverable oil.
(b) The cost of recovering the oil.
(c) The selling price of the oil.
(d) The purity of the oil.
3. Before drilling begins, a field's production rate and ________ ______ are calculated.
(a) Devolution curve.
(b) Depletion curve.
(c) Declining curve.
(d) Depreciation curve.
4. With OPEC's secrecy regarding oil production levels, what is unclear?
(a) Whether OPEC countries are engaged in price inflation.
(b) Whether Saudi Arabia can continue production at high levels.
(c) Whether Saudi Arabia will stay the number one oil producer.
(d) Whether OPEC countries can produce oil.
5. How many "huge reserves" are there in Saudi Arabia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Socony-Vaccum became which company?
2. What title did Ahmed Zaki Yamani hold?
3. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
4. From 1950-1982, OPEC published information on production levels for each field how often?
5. Approximately how much does it cost to dispose of the water generated by oil production?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)