|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experts estimate that more than what percent of Berri's oil will be unrecovered?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
2. Socony-Vaccum became which company?
(c) Standard Oil.
3. After the amount of oil in a place is estimated, what is estimated next?
(a) The selling price of the oil.
(b) The purity of the oil.
(c) The cost of recovering the oil.
(d) The amount of recoverable oil.
4. Saudi Arabia called in experts from what major petroleum company to help with Berri's problems?
5. Water became a commonly used primary technique in what area first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Between 2004 and 2006, how many oil discoveries were made?
2. On March 3, 1938, which well began pumping a significant amount of oil?
3. From 1940 to 1968, oil exploration in Saudi Arabia is what?
4. When was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
5. Sanfaniya is located where?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)