|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people think there is plenty of oil in Saudi Arabia but that the government limits exploration to control what?
(a) The people of Saudi Arabia.
(b) The market.
(c) The economy.
(d) U.S. foriegn policy.
2. How many fields are there, after Ghawar, that produce significant levels of oil in Saudi Arabia?
3. Where was the first significant oil find in the Middle East?
4. How is Abqaiq oil field described by technical experts?
(a) Extremely mature.
(b) Extremely remote.
(c) Extremely volitile.
(d) Extremely young.
5. What did Saudi Arabian engineers present at the S.P.E. conferences?
(a) Technical papers.
(c) Production data.
(d) Advances in technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Berri is located where?
2. Detail in papers for the SPE indicate that Saudi Arabia has had what kind of exploration effort over the past 30 years?
3. How many "huge reserves" are there in Saudi Arabia?
4. The geologists say that the Arab D Zone has eroded away over what period of time?
5. In what year did geologists determine that the Arab D Zone has eroded away and been replaced by younger rock?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)