|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Peacock?
2. What is the Queen's name?
3. Who follows Aramis on his way to England?
4. What is Perry's occupation?
5. Who allows Aramis into town when he is at first denied entrance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gondy allow Marechal to go back to the castle unharmed?
2. What lie does the captain tell d'Artagnan on the boat?
3. What does the King ask for just before his execution is to take place?
4. How do we see what d'Artagnan really thinks about Mazarin and his actions?
5. How is Raoul helped during the celebration in Paris?
6. Why is Monsieur de Bouillon unable to fight?
7. How is the King betrayed in this section?
8. What does the King tell Athos just before his execution?
9. What happens in the palace to actually bring physical fear to Mazarin for the first time?
10. What causes d'Artagnan to make a plan to escape from the prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the end of the book, and do you think this is a fitting way to end a plot like this?
Essay Topic 2
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they often appear together?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)