|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces d'Artagnan to stay in England?
2. What does Cromwell say he hoped would happen at the execution?
3. Who follows Aramis on his way to England?
4. Who lights the fuse for the explosion?
5. How many men die in the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the palace to actually bring physical fear to Mazarin for the first time?
2. What charges is d'Artagnan held on?
3. How does Anne feel about the role of Royalty in society?
4. What news does the mendicant bring about the movement?
5. How does Grimaud reveal Mordaunt's plan on the ship?
6. How does Athos make the Queen believe his story of the King?
7. Why is Monsieur de Bouillon unable to fight?
8. Why does Gondy allow Marechal to go back to the castle unharmed?
9. How is Athos arrested?
10. What does Cromwell lecture Mordaunt about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grimaud is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Grimaud had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivations throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are the two different political alignments highlighted in this book, and what does each side think and feel?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)