|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to hit Mordaunt with an oar?
2. What celebration is planned after Aramis leaves for England?
3. Who calls for Athos to be arrested?
4. Who kills de Winter?
5. Who do the musketeers try to blend in with in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What charges is d'Artagnan held on?
2. How is the King betrayed in this section?
3. What does Cromwell lecture Mordaunt about?
4. How does Porthos disarm a guard in the prison?
5. What is fatality as explained by Athos?
6. Why is Monsieur de Bouillon unable to fight?
7. Why does Athos refuse to return to France?
8. What is d'Artagnan told to do when he gets to England?
9. What is so mysterious about the man who executes the King?
10. What do the musketeers do while pretending to be construction workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition, in particular the idea of fair play, is a major theme found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect did they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the end of the book, and do you think this is a fitting way to end a plot like this?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Alexandre Dumas have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)