|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pear does Grimaud say Beaufort will receive?
2. What warning does de Winter bring Athos?
3. How many letters does Athos receive after breakfast?
4. What does Madame de Chevreuse say about what Raoul says he wants to do with his life?
5. Who does Aramis tell d'Artagnan to talk to next?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
2. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
3. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
4. What does the letter from Grimaud say, and what does this mean?
5. How does Beaufort escape?
6. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
7. What does La Ramee have Grimaud do, and why?
8. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
9. What does Athos do before Raoul leaves for his training?
10. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)