|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Porthos want to be happy?
2. What career does d'Artganan suggest for Athos's son?
3. Who is Athos talking with when de Winter comes to warn him?
4. What is de Winter's real first name?
5. What is the Bastile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mazarin think of his first introduction to Porthos?
2. Why can't Rochefort become a guard to Beaufort?
3. How does Beaufort escape?
4. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
5. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
6. Why does Mordaunt say he is allowing de Winter to live?
7. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
8. What does Beaumont say in his letter to Mazarin after d'Artagnan and Porthos have to surrender?
9. How does Rochefort escape?
10. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
d'Artagnan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)