|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man Raoul saves from drowning?
2. What does the Queen ask of Aramis?
3. Why is the executioner killed?
4. Who is Athos talking with when de Winter comes to warn him?
5. Where does Raoul take the mortally wounded men from the attacked group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mordaunt feel about the King, and why?
2. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
3. What does Mazarin think of his first introduction to Porthos?
4. What does the King wish the Queen to do about Mazarin?
5. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
6. What does Athos do before Raoul leaves for his training?
7. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
8. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
9. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
10. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the escape plans created and used in this book, and how successful are they?
Essay Topic 2
d'Artagnan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)