|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos do when Aramis is brought up?
2. Who wants the Queen to find out how the Cardinal feels about the King?
3. Where does Athos say his son was abandoned?
4. What does Madame de Chevreuse say about what Raoul says he wants to do with his life?
5. When does Beaufort suggest to La Ramee they have dinner together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King wish the Queen to do about Mazarin?
2. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
3. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
4. How does Beaufort escape?
5. Why can't Rochefort become a guard to Beaufort?
6. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
7. What does Beaumont say in his letter to Mazarin after d'Artagnan and Porthos have to surrender?
8. What does Athos do before Raoul leaves for his training?
9. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
10. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the escape plans created and used in this book, and how successful are they?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book a sequel. How does this book, as a sequel, have to be treated differently than other novels in this genre?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)