|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aramis get out of his window?
(a) He built up a rock wall.
(b) He holds it open with a shovel.
(c) He uses a rope ladder.
(d) He has cosntructed stairs.
2. How does Porthos show how unhappy he is?
(a) He yells and screams.
(b) He cries in secret.
(c) He downplays his riches.
(d) He sighs a lot.
3. Who does de Winter tell the Queen can help her with her husband?
(a) Beaumont's guard.
(b) The Fronde.
(c) The musketeers.
(d) The peasants.
4. When does Beaufort suggest to La Ramee they have dinner together?
(b) Bastile Day.
(c) The Queen's birthday.
(d) The Passover.
5. Who does Aramis tell d'Artagnan to talk to next?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bazin know Aramis?
2. Where is the beginning of this book set?
3. What does Mordaunt want from de Winter?
4. What does Athos swear at the meeting with the four musketeers?
5. How many letters does d'Artagnan receive after breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
2. How does Rochefort escape?
3. What is the biggest shock to d'Artagnan when he catches up with Beaumont?
4. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
5. How do the musketeers learn of Mordaunt's motives in this section?
6. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
7. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
8. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
9. What does the letter from Grimaud say, and what does this mean?
10. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)