|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the messenger of the battle of Lens make de Winter think about?
2. What is Beaumont's title?
3. Where do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
(a) The Royal Aviary.
(b) The Place Royale.
(c) The Royal Circumvention.
(d) The Palace Royale.
4. What does the Queen ask of Aramis?
(a) To kill Mazarin.
(b) To protect her husband.
(c) To end the war.
(d) To free her son.
5. What nation is France at war with in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cord does Beaufort use to escape?
2. What career does d'Artganan suggest for Athos's son?
3. Who is the man Raoul saves from drowning?
4. How many weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
5. What does Athos swear at the meeting with the four musketeers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mordaunt say he is allowing de Winter to live?
2. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
3. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
4. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
5. Why was Beaufort arrested?
6. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
7. Why can't Rochefort become a guard to Beaufort?
8. How does Beaufort escape?
9. What does Athos do before Raoul leaves for his training?
10. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)