|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raoul take the mortally wounded men from the attacked group?
(a) A convent.
(b) A forest grove.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An inn.
2. Where does Athos say his son was abandoned?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A palace.
(c) A bar.
(d) A priest's house.
3. How does d'Artagnan get to Noisy?
(a) He hires a carriage.
(b) He writes to Aramis.
(c) He follows Bazin.
(d) He gets permission from Mazarin.
4. Who is with d'Artagnan and Porthos as they chase after Beaumont?
5. What is in Noisy?
(a) A bar.
(b) A convent.
(c) A training school.
(d) A plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does de Winter say about Mordaunt's mother?
2. What warning does de Winter bring Athos?
3. What is the name of Athos's adoptive son?
4. What kind of weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
5. What does Athos call de Winter's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rochefort escape?
2. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
3. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
4. What does Beaumont say in his letter to Mazarin after d'Artagnan and Porthos have to surrender?
5. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
6. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
7. What does Mazarin think of his first introduction to Porthos?
8. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
9. What is the biggest shock to d'Artagnan when he catches up with Beaumont?
10. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)