|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people rebelling at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are overly taxed.
(b) They are tired of the war.
(c) They want a new king.
(d) They cannot leave the country.
2. How does Bazin know Aramis?
(a) He was his comrade in arms.
(b) He was his servant.
(c) He was his friend.
(d) He was his landlord.
3. What does de Winter say about Mordaunt's mother?
(a) She is well missed.
(b) She is still alive.
(c) She must be avenged.
(d) She deserved to die.
4. How does the queen know d'Artagnan?
(a) He helped save her life long ago.
(b) He killed her father.
(c) He was her lover.
(d) He is her servant.
5. How does Aramis greet Planchet?
(a) He challenges him to a duel.
(b) He jumps on his horse.
(c) He slinks in his room after dark.
(d) He shows up at the breakfast table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the attacked men Raoul finds are mortally wounded?
2. What does La Ramee ask Beafort to do before he escapes?
3. What is the title of the man Raoul saves from drowning?
4. What does Rochefort want Beuafort to request?
5. Who tries to back out of the meeting with the four musketeers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mazarin think of his first introduction to Porthos?
2. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
3. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
4. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
5. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
6. What does Athos do before Raoul leaves for his training?
7. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
8. How does Rochefort escape?
9. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
10. How do the musketeers learn of Mordaunt's motives in this section?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)