|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did the queen once give to d'Artagnoa?
(a) A cross.
(b) A sword.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A book.
2. What kind of weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
(c) Cross bows.
3. What does Mazarin ask d'Artagnon to do for him at the beginning of the book?
(a) Train him to fight.
(b) Contact the other musketeers.
(c) Show him around the city.
(d) Find him a uniform.
4. How are Madame de Chevreuse and Raoul related?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his mother.
5. What warning does de Winter bring Athos?
(a) Mazarin is looking for him.
(b) Mordaunt wants to kill him.
(c) The convent has noticed he is missing.
(d) Another battle is coming near.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athos talking with when de Winter comes to warn him?
2. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron that infuriates the people?
3. How does d'Artagnan feel when he sees how Athos looks?
4. Who wants the Queen to find out how the Cardinal feels about the King?
5. Who was injured on the street as Porthos left the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
2. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
3. How does Beaufort escape?
4. How does Mordaunt feel about the King, and why?
5. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
6. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
7. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
8. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
9. What cause does Mordaunt have to hate de Winter?
10. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)