|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athos call de Winter's mother?
(a) My woman.
(b) She from before.
(c) The One.
2. Why does Mazarin not fear the people at the beginning of the book?
(a) He thinks the guards will be loyal to him.
(b) He thinks the queen will protect him.
(c) He thinks the war is almost over.
(d) He thinks the people will soon understand.
3. Where does Mazarin tell the queen he is preparing to flee to?
4. Why doesn't Aramis want to work with d'Artagnan again?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He doesn't trust d'Artagnan.
(c) There is no money to be paid.
(d) He is comfortable where he is.
5. What does the Queen ask of Athos?
(a) To free her son.
(b) To end the war.
(c) To kill Mazarin.
(d) To protect her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the queen once give to d'Artagnoa?
2. Why is the executioner killed?
3. What does the letter Mordaunt brings ask Mazarin to do?
4. Where does Raoul save a drowning man?
5. What does Rochefort use to send messages to Grimaud?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
2. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
3. What is the biggest shock to d'Artagnan when he catches up with Beaumont?
4. Why does Mordaunt say he is allowing de Winter to live?
5. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
6. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
7. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
8. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
9. How do the musketeers learn of Mordaunt's motives in this section?
10. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)