|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rochefort use to send messages to Grimaud?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tennis ball.
(d) An old bone.
2. How does d'Artagnan feel when he sees how Athos looks?
(a) Not surprised.
(c) He knows he deserved it.
3. Why do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
(a) To make a plan.
(b) To discuss their division.
(c) To reminisce about old times.
(d) To hold a debate.
4. What does de Winter say about Mordaunt's mother?
(a) She must be avenged.
(b) She is still alive.
(c) She is well missed.
(d) She deserved to die.
5. What gift did the queen once give to d'Artagnoa?
(a) A cross.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A sword.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Athos receive after breakfast?
2. What does Madame de Chevreuse say about what Raoul says he wants to do with his life?
3. Who does Mordaunt have a letter from when he meets with Mazarin?
4. Why does Mazarin question the queen indirectly?
5. Who does de Winter tell the Queen can help her with her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cause does Mordaunt have to hate de Winter?
2. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
3. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
4. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
5. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
6. What does Beaumont say in his letter to Mazarin after d'Artagnan and Porthos have to surrender?
7. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
8. Why was Beaufort arrested?
9. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
10. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)