|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Athos receive after breakfast?
2. What does Madame de Chevreuse say about what Raoul says he wants to do with his life?
(a) She says she will support him.
(b) She says he will not be able to have a wife if he does that.
(c) She tries to change his mind.
(d) She says it is up to him and nobody else.
3. Where does Raoul take the mortally wounded men from the attacked group?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A convent.
(c) A forest grove.
(d) An inn.
4. Who is with d'Artagnan and Porthos as they chase after Beaumont?
5. How many of the attacked men Raoul finds are mortally wounded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
2. Why doesn't Aramis want to work with d'Artagnan again?
3. Who finds the executioner when he is killed?
4. Who agrees to plead Charles's case to Mazarin?
5. How many people are fighting against d'Artagnan and Porthos when they catch up with Beaumont?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the people so angry with Mazarin?
2. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
3. How does Beaufort escape?
4. What does the letter from Grimaud say, and what does this mean?
5. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
6. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
7. What does La Ramee have Grimaud do, and why?
8. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
9. Why was Beaufort arrested?
10. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)