|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does d'Artagnon first see Rochefort?
(a) A carriage.
(b) The castle.
(c) The prison.
(d) The streets.
2. Who is Athos talking with when de Winter comes to warn him?
3. How many weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
4. What does d'Aartagnan think about Porthos's situation?
(a) He never thouhgt Porthos would act like that.
(b) He would be happy in that life.
(c) He understands the discontent.
(d) He is shocked at his lack of dignity.
5. Why do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
(a) To reminisce about old times.
(b) To hold a debate.
(c) To discuss their division.
(d) To make a plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mazarin not fear the people at the beginning of the book?
2. How many letters does d'Artagnan receive after breakfast?
3. Who does Aramis tell d'Artagnan to talk to next?
4. What does Rochefort use to send messages to Grimaud?
5. Where is Milady's son heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
2. What does the executioner wish to find absolution for before he dies, and what is strange about this?
3. How does d'Artagnan protect Planchet, and why?
4. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
5. What does the letter from Grimaud say, and what does this mean?
6. How does Mordaunt feel about the King, and why?
7. How does Mordaunt begin enacting his revenge?
8. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
9. What about Mouston bothers d'Artagnan?
10. What is ironic about the man Raoul saves from drowning?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)