|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mazarin question the queen indirectly?
(a) To woo her.
(b) To gauge her loyalty.
(c) To trick her.
(d) To entertain her.
2. What is in Noisy?
(a) A convent.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A training school.
(d) A bar.
3. Who does de Winter tell the Queen can help her with her husband?
(a) The musketeers.
(b) Beaumont's guard.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The Fronde.
4. Why do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
(a) To reminisce about old times.
(b) To hold a debate.
(c) To discuss their division.
(d) To make a plan.
5. What is the executioner killed with?
(a) A dagger.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bazin know Aramis?
2. Why doesn't Aramis want to work with d'Artagnan again?
3. Who does Aramis tell d'Artagnan to talk to next?
4. Where do the four musketeers meet for the first time in the book?
5. How does Porthos show how unhappy he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the man Raoul saves from drowning?
2. Why can't Rochefort become a guard to Beaufort?
3. Why was Beaufort arrested?
4. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
5. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
6. What does the King wish the Queen to do about Mazarin?
7. How does Beaufort escape?
8. How does Rochefort escape?
9. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
10. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)