|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
(a) Cross bows.
2. Who wants the Queen to find out how the Cardinal feels about the King?
(a) de Winter.
3. Why does Mazarin not fear the people at the beginning of the book?
(a) He thinks the people will soon understand.
(b) He thinks the queen will protect him.
(c) He thinks the war is almost over.
(d) He thinks the guards will be loyal to him.
4. What does Athos swear at the meeting with the four musketeers?
(a) To never kill another man.
(b) To never harm his friends.
(c) To never let politics sway him.
(d) To never fight against them.
5. What is the Bastile?
(a) A ship.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A palace.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raoul take the mortally wounded men from the attacked group?
2. What does Athos do when Aramis is brought up?
3. What does the Queen ask of Athos?
4. What warning does de Winter bring Athos?
5. How many people are fighting against d'Artagnan and Porthos when they catch up with Beaumont?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relieves the tension at the meeting of the four musketeers?
2. Why can't Rochefort become a guard to Beaufort?
3. What does La Ramee promise Mazarin?
4. How does d'Artagnan get Porthos to agree to help him?
5. what does Rochefort do once he has escaped?
6. How does Rochefort escape?
7. Why does Mazarin show such interest in Mordaunt when they first meet?
8. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron, and how does this affect him?
9. What does Beaumont say in his letter to Mazarin after d'Artagnan and Porthos have to surrender?
10. What secret of Aramis's does d'Aartagnan witness?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)