|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the King want given to his wife?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A seal.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A cross.
2. Why does Porthos leave a carving knife?
(a) He was in a hurry.
(b) As a warning.
(c) To leave a message he had been there.
(d) None of these.
3. How many beds are at the chateau where 200 people are staying?
4. How does Mordaunt escape from the duel?
(a) He uses a secret passage.
(b) He refuses to fight on a holy day.
(c) He has a guard intervene.
(d) He uses black powder smoke.
5. How many curates offer to help Gondy?
6. What does the King demand before he will show himself to the people?
(a) That his wife be protected.
(b) That they find the cardinal.
(c) That they obey his will.
(d) That nobody touch him.
7. What injury does the executioner's assistant get?
(a) A dislocated shoulder.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A bruised heel.
8. What does d'Artagnan use to write on a wall?
9. Who calls for Athos to be arrested?
(c) The Queen.
10. What does d'Artagnan sell to get money?
(a) His sword.
(b) His soldier's uniform.
(c) His musket.
(d) His ring.
11. Who disrupts the escape plan for the King?
(b) The musketeers.
(d) Some soldiers.
12. How does Mordaunt escape the explosion?
(a) He goes to the crow's nest.
(b) He grabs onto the boat.
(c) He jumps into the water.
(d) He floats on a barrel.
13. Who stops Aramis from hurting the man following him to England?
(a) de Winter.
14. Who tells d'Artagnan that Athos has been arrested?
15. How many men die in the explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aramis plan to leave for England from?
2. Who does Mordaunt want to fight first from the musketeers?
3. Who lights the fuse for the explosion?
4. What does d'Artagnan demand before leaving Mordaunt alone with Aramis?
5. What weapon does the executioner hold during the trial?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)