|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Aramis want to work with d'Artagnan again?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He doesn't trust d'Artagnan.
(c) There is no money to be paid.
(d) He is comfortable where he is.
2. Who tells the musketeers that Milady's son is alive?
3. How many letters does Athos receive after breakfast?
4. What does Mordaunt want from de Winter?
(a) The names of the musketeers.
(b) The key to the Queen's room.
(c) The address of the King.
(d) The forgiveness of his sins.
5. Who is the man Raoul saves from drowning?
(a) de Gorche.
(b) de Guiche.
(c) de Gonde.
(d) de Gilte.
6. How does Bazin know Aramis?
(a) He was his landlord.
(b) He was his servant.
(c) He was his friend.
(d) He was his comrade in arms.
7. How does d'Artagnan feel when he sees how Athos looks?
(b) He knows he deserved it.
(d) Not surprised.
8. What does Athos swear at the meeting with the four musketeers?
(a) To never fight against them.
(b) To never kill another man.
(c) To never let politics sway him.
(d) To never harm his friends.
9. What does Mazarin do to Abbe Scarron that infuriates the people?
(a) Burns the church.
(b) Tears down his house.
(c) Reduces his parish.
(d) Stops his pension.
10. How does Aramis greet Planchet?
(a) He challenges him to a duel.
(b) He shows up at the breakfast table.
(c) He slinks in his room after dark.
(d) He jumps on his horse.
11. Where does Raoul save a drowning man?
(a) A river.
(b) A lake.
(c) A moat.
(d) A bay.
12. How many weapons is d'Artagnan told to pick up on his way back to Paris?
13. Why is the executioner killed?
(a) He is part of the Fronde.
(b) He supports the Cardinal.
(c) He killed a man's mother.
(d) He owes money.
14. How does d'Artagnan track down his 3 friends?
(a) He looks in a directory.
(b) He asks a servant.
(c) He looks at tax records.
(d) He goes through letters.
15. What does the letter Mordaunt brings ask Mazarin to do?
(a) Kill Beaumont.
(b) Keep a watch on the musketeers.
(c) Woo the Queen.
(d) Refuse admittance to the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos do when Aramis is brought up?
2. Who does Mordaunt have a letter from when he meets with Mazarin?
3. What does the Queen ask of Aramis?
4. What is the title of the man Raoul saves from drowning?
5. Who finds the executioner when he is killed?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)