|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was injured on the street as Porthos left the city?
2. What does the Queen ask of Athos?
(a) To free her son.
(b) To end the war.
(c) To kill Mazarin.
(d) To protect her husband.
3. How many letters does Athos receive after breakfast?
4. Why does Mazarin not fear the people at the beginning of the book?
(a) He thinks the people will soon understand.
(b) He thinks the war is almost over.
(c) He thinks the queen will protect him.
(d) He thinks the guards will be loyal to him.
5. Where has Aramis been living?
(a) A prison.
(b) A farm.
(c) An inn.
(d) A convent.
6. Where does Mazarin tell the queen he is preparing to flee to?
7. What is the name of Athos's adoptive son?
8. What career does Raoul tell Madame de Chevreuse he wants to pursue?
(a) A career at the university.
(b) A career in the army.
(c) A career in politics.
(d) A career in the clergy.
9. Who does Aramis tell d'Artagnan to talk to next?
10. How many people are fighting against d'Artagnan and Porthos when they catch up with Beaumont?
11. Why does Mazarin question the queen indirectly?
(a) To gauge her loyalty.
(b) To entertain her.
(c) To woo her.
(d) To trick her.
12. What does Madame de Chevreuse say about what Raoul says he wants to do with his life?
(a) She says she will support him.
(b) She tries to change his mind.
(c) She says he will not be able to have a wife if he does that.
(d) She says it is up to him and nobody else.
13. Where is Milady's son heading?
14. What does de Winter say about Mordaunt's mother?
(a) She is well missed.
(b) She must be avenged.
(c) She is still alive.
(d) She deserved to die.
15. What gift did the queen once give to d'Artagnoa?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A cross.
(c) A sword.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does La Ramee ask Beafort to do before he escapes?
2. Why is the executioner killed?
3. How many of the attacked men Raoul finds are mortally wounded?
4. Where is the beginning of this book set?
5. What does Rochefort want Beuafort to request?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)