|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nemo's reaction when Aronnax enters his room?
(c) happy to see him
(d) very annoyed
2. Where does the Nautilus pass the Antarctic circle?
(a) toward New Zealand
(b) toward the mid Atlantic
(c) toward Cape Horn
(d) toward Brazil
3. What idea does Captain Nemo come up with to clear the ice?
(a) using boiling water
(b) using salt
(c) using electric charges
(d) using explosives
4. If there are 3,000 feet of ice beneath the water line, how much ice is above the line?
(a) 3,000 feet
(b) 500 feet
(c) 1,000 feet
(d) 100 feet
5. Where does it appear that Nemo is heading?
(a) toward Iceland
(b) toward France
(c) toward England
(d) toward Morocco
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Conseil when he touches a ray?
2. What does Aronnax say that only he and Nemo know?
3. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
4. Besides Nemo, who else has become mentally unstable after the destruction of the gun ship?
5. What does Aronnax consider doing as they head out into the Atlantic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Aronnax's anxiety over asking for their freedom.
2. Relate the dire prediction Nemo makes as a worst case scenario when they are stuck under the ice.
3. Write about the man made marvel they observed under the sea.
4. Explain Nemo's bizarre behavior during a hurricane.
5. What is the conversation between Aronnax, Conseil, and Ned out on the platform?
6. Describe what Nemo does to the cachalots that are attacking defenseless whales.
7. When the Nautilus gets stuck in the Great Ice Barrier, how do Aronnax and Nemo see things differently?
8. How are the feelings of Aronnax somewhat mixed about Captain Nemo?
9. After testing how deep the Nautilus can go, describe what happens.
10. Where does Aronnax learn they are when he cannot recognize the landscape?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)