|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the three prisoners after the incident with the telescope?
(a) They are threatened with being thrown overboard.
(b) They are locked in Aronnax's room for the night.
(c) They are drugged and fall asleep.
(d) They are forbidden to go to the platform ever again.
2. Where does it appear that Nemo is heading?
(a) toward France
(b) toward Morocco
(c) toward Iceland
(d) toward England
3. What do the three men do on the island?
(a) collect fruits and vegetables to take back with them
(b) wash their clothes in a waterfall
(c) throw rocks at monkeys
(d) lie in the sun on the beach
4. Who are the two people on board who are not enthusiastic about the search?
(a) Capt. Farragut and his frist mate are not happy with the assignment.
(b) Neither Conseil nor Ned Land are excited to be on board.
(c) The two newspaper reporters are not happy to be on board.
(d) Aronnax and Conseill are fearful about being on board.
5. What happens to the small boat when the wounded animal attacks?
(a) The boat begins to take on water.
(b) The animal takes a bite out of the boat.
(c) Everyone on board gets thrown around.
(d) Everyone gets thrown into the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aronnax happen to be in the right place at the right time to be invited to join the hunt?
2. What is Nemo's prognosis if they cannot escape the ice tunnel?
3. What ominous words does Aronnax hear Nemo say?
4. What is Nemo's reaction when Aronnax enters his room?
5. What is Captain Nemo conducting in the Indian Ocean?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)