|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name if the Marseillais changed to?
(a) the Intrepid
(b) the Challenger
(c) the Wayfarer
(d) the Avenger.
2. What does Nemo say do not exist in his undersea world?
(a) women or children
(b) unjust laws or wars
(c) money or banks
(d) hunger or cold
3. How does Aronnax know they are near caverns that would be perfect for poulps or giant squids?
(a) by the movement of the seaweed
(b) by the color of the water
(c) by the temperature outside the Nautilus
(d) by the aches in his joints
4. Where does it appear that Nemo is heading?
(a) toward England
(b) toward Iceland
(c) toward Morocco
(d) toward France
5. Tell about the encounter with the captain of a whaling ship.
(a) The captain laughs at the idea of a giant sea monster.
(b) The captain relates an encounter with the monster.
(c) The captain recognizes Ned Land and hires him away.
(d) The captain borrows Ned Land, who happily harpoons two whales for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the public speculate the object is?
2. After Ceylon, where do they travel?
3. How do Nemo and Aronnax determine where they are?
4. How many shipwrecks occurred that year?
5. What repels the savages trying to get inside the Nautilus?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)