|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is professor Aronnax's conclusion about what the sightings are?
(a) a volcanic eruption under the sea
(b) a man-made object
(c) an optical illusion
(d) a marine animal of enormous power
2. What mysterious spot does Aronnax see near an underwater volcano?
(a) the lost city of the Amazons
(c) a bottomless pit
(d) the Colossus of Rhodes
3. What nationalities does Aronnax guess the captors to be?
(a) African, Asian, or Polynesian
(b) Spanish, Arabian, or Indian
(c) Norwegian, Brazilian, or Russian
(d) Peruvian, Mexican, or Argentinian
4. What meat does Land manage to kill to take back to the Nautilus?
(a) an animal something like a hog and six rodents
(b) a deer and two rabbits
(c) a few wild hens
(d) a giant turtle and a pelican
5. How does Nemo describe himself to Aronnax, Conseil, and Land?
(a) as a man who has broken all ties that bound him to humankind
(b) as a great inventor and benefactor of lost sailors
(c) as a man on a mission to save the whales
(d) as a man who has been longing for English speaking company
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes up the forest of Crespo?
2. Where is the Nautilus when Aronnax cannot figure out where they are?
3. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
4. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
5. Why does Nemo say he makes an exception about the cachalots?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)