|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the large bird staggering around after eating the nutmeg?
(a) It is sick from eating the nutmeg.
(b) It ate too much to fly.
(c) It is too drunk to fly.
(d) It got it's wing caught in a bush.
2. What does Aronnax say to Ned and Conseil?
(a) Aronnax says he is now ready to escape.
(b) Aronnax tells them where the captain goes.
(c) Aronnax says he will request their leave from the Nautilus.
(d) Aronnax thanks them for saving his life.
3. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
(a) It submerges often and comes up in back of the ship.
(b) It keeps going around in circles.
(c) It makes sharper turns than the ship can make.
(d) It swims agilely at a speed of perhaps thirty miles per hour.
4. How does Aronnax happen to be in the right place at the right time to be invited to join the hunt?
(a) He is lecturing at the University of Florida.
(b) He is a survivor of the sunken Scotia.
(c) Aronnax is in New York City at the height of the controversy about the sea monster.
(d) He is the first scientist to have a sighting of the monster.
5. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
(a) struggling to remove his clothes
(b) nearly freezing and about to drown
(c) holding onto a life preserver
(d) standing on the back of the monster
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aronnax rule out the possibility of an individual creating the monster?
2. What hunch does Aronnax have that the sailors on the Nautilus are?
3. What does Ned Land plan once they are in the Mediterranean?
4. What makes Aronnax, Conseil, and Ned Land very happy?
5. What does Aronnax consider doing as they head out into the Atlantic?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)