|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ned Land looking forward to at the oyster beds?
(a) harpooning sharks
(b) eating oysters that evening
(c) finding large pearls
(d) finding a way to escape
2. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
(a) the Sargasso Stream
(b) the Arabian Tunnel
(c) the River Styx
(d) the Gulf Stream
3. What does Aronnax explain to Ned and Conseil about pearls?
(a) where in the world then can be found
(b) how they are harvested and their value
(c) why they have no particular value
(d) why they are so easy to find
4. What is Sargasso?
(a) a Spanish word for sea kelp
(b) a special Spanish dish
(c) a Spanish word meaning danger
(d) a Spanish dance
5. What nationalities does Aronnax guess the captors to be?
(a) African, Asian, or Polynesian
(b) Norwegian, Brazilian, or Russian
(c) Peruvian, Mexican, or Argentinian
(d) Spanish, Arabian, or Indian
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the Nautilus breaks free, what happens to Aronnax?
2. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
3. What idea does Captain Nemo come up with to clear the ice?
4. Why does Aronnax rule out the possibility of an individual creating the monster?
5. What happens to save the life of Aronnax?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)