|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous historical figure does Nemo discuss with Aronnax?
(a) Captain Cook
(b) George Washington
(c) La Perouse
(d) Captain Kidd
2. What does Aronnax observe as they move past Gibraltar?
(a) the wreck of the Hesperace
(b) the White Cliffs of dover
(c) the ruins of the Temple of Hercules
(d) the skeletons of murdered slaves
3. What does Ned do as the shark is about to kill Captain Nemo?
(a) He laughs and watches.
(b) He kills the shark with his harpoon.
(c) He panicks and swims for the Nautilus.
(d) He faints.
4. What does Nemo do that surprises Aronnax?
(a) lets them go out alone in the small boat
(b) invites them to a birthday party
(c) allows them to go hunting on an island
(d) permits them to stay on the platform alone
5. What does Conseil believe about the outcome of the trip?
(a) that Aronnax will sign on for another trip
(b) that when they get back to France, everyone will laugh at them
(c) that the monster will find them and sink the ship
(d) that he will die trying to save the life of his master
Short Answer Questions
1. What hunch does Aronnax have that the sailors on the Nautilus are?
2. What is Sargasso?
3. Among some rock formations, what does Nemo allow Aronnax to do?
4. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
5. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)