|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1 | Part 2 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous historical figure does Nemo discuss with Aronnax?
(a) George Washington
(b) La Perouse
(c) Captain Cook
(d) Captain Kidd
2. Why does Nemo take Aronnax to the sailors' quarters to see if he can do anything?
(a) Some of the men have scurvy.
(b) Two men are coughing up blood.
(c) A man has been fatally wounded.
(d) A man has been stung by a manta ray.
3. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
(a) He thinks the invitation is a hoax.
(b) Aronnax decides his purpose in life must be to hunt down this monster.
(c) He concludes that it will be too dangerous.
(d) He believes that nothing will be gained by the expedition.
4. What does Aronnax observe the sailors doing the morning after the underwater walk?
(a) washing their clothes
(b) cleaning the diving equipment
(c) swimming in the ocean
(d) casting nets for fish
5. What is the first view from the surface Aronnax enjoys with Captain Nemo?
(a) the Hawaiian Islands
(b) the California coastline
(c) the Japanese coastline
(d) the Philippines
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two people on board who are not enthusiastic about the search?
2. What does the captain decide to do after months at sea and no sighting of the monster?
3. What makes Aronnax go get his telescope?
4. How does Aronnax find the taste of seaweed cigars?
5. What is professor Aronnax's conclusion about what the sightings are?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)