|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1 | Part 2 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ned Land looking forward to at the oyster beds?
(a) eating oysters that evening
(b) finding a way to escape
(c) harpooning sharks
(d) finding large pearls
2. What is Ned Land's response to an invitation to explore underwater?
(a) He agrees to go reluctantly.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He jumps at the chance.
3. What does Aronnax see in the glade of coral at the coral kingdom?
(a) a new species of eel
(b) a strange coral cross
(c) a coral eating crab
(d) a coral mine
4. Taken aboard the mysterious craft, who does Aronnax think they have been saved by?
(a) people from Atlantis
(c) a whale that swallowed them
(d) the U. S. Navy
5. What is Aronnax's assigned room like?
(a) a hastily converted pantry
(b) a large room with a bed, dressing table and other furniture
(c) a stark room just barely large enough for a bed
(d) a room with a view of the ocean
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
2. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
3. What do the three men do on the island?
4. Why does Aronnax rule out the possibility of an individual creating the monster?
5. What is the first strange thing Aronnax observes about Nemo's behavior.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)