|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1 | Part 2 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tell what Ned Land and Captain Farragut decide to do to get the monster.
(a) to try to ram it with the bow of the frigate
(b) to go for the monster with harpoons from the frigate itself
(c) to drop raw meat into the ocean
(d) to put out in a small boat
2. Tell about the encounter with the captain of a whaling ship.
(a) The captain borrows Ned Land, who happily harpoons two whales for him.
(b) The captain laughs at the idea of a giant sea monster.
(c) The captain recognizes Ned Land and hires him away.
(d) The captain relates an encounter with the monster.
3. What is Captain Nemo conducting in the Indian Ocean?
(a) an orientation trip through the Nautilus
(b) an experiment on turning lead into gold
(c) experiments on the temperature of the sea
(d) a conference on underwater safety
4. What are the strange words a man says to Aronnax on the platform?
(a) Nautron respoc lorni virch
(b) Nautron batron varni lurch
(c) Bibbity bobbity boo
(d) Lorsom novo barter est
5. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
(a) a pod of whales they needed for food
(b) a sea creature with rabies
(c) a warship from China
(d) a sea monster that has been wrecking ships
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Aronnax give Land to support his theory of a large sea animal?
2. What does Nemo inform Aronnax?
3. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
4. What does Aronnax see in the glade of coral at the coral kingdom?
5. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)