|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 21 | Part 1 Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aronnax's assigned room like?
(a) a large room with a bed, dressing table and other furniture
(b) a stark room just barely large enough for a bed
(c) a hastily converted pantry
(d) a room with a view of the ocean
2. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
(a) the Arabian Tunnel
(b) the Sargasso Stream
(c) the Gulf Stream
(d) the River Styx
3. What nationalities does Aronnax guess the captors to be?
(a) Norwegian, Brazilian, or Russian
(b) African, Asian, or Polynesian
(c) Peruvian, Mexican, or Argentinian
(d) Spanish, Arabian, or Indian
4. Looking through the glass port, what does Ned Land have to admit about the view of the ocean?
(a) the view is uninteresting
(b) the view is polluted
(c) the view is frightening
(d) the view is wonderful
5. What do the three men do on the island?
(a) lie in the sun on the beach
(b) collect fruits and vegetables to take back with them
(c) throw rocks at monkeys
(d) wash their clothes in a waterfall
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year do reports start circulating about the strange creature in the ocean?
2. How many shipwrecks occurred that year?
3. What does Nemo inform Aronnax?
4. What repels the savages trying to get inside the Nautilus?
5. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)