|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 13 | Part 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Aronnax's immediate action after he receives the invitation.
(a) He goes to the library to read up on sea monsters.
(b) The first thing he does is to contact his trusted servant of ten years, Conseil, a Flemish boy age thirty.
(c) He writes out his last will and testament.
(d) He telegraphs France to say he will be staying longer.
2. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
(a) He cannot sleep with the lights on.
(b) He has cramps from being in the cold water.
(c) He has too many troubling thoughts.
(d) He always suffers from insomnia.
3. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
(a) The people are trying to kill them.
(b) The walls are closing in.
(c) The room is filling up with water.
(d) The oxygen in the room has been depleted.
4. What does the public speculate the object is?
(a) something from outer space
(b) an island reef, a sea serpent, or a whale of unknown species
(c) a sea monster like the Loch Ness dragon
(d) a mirage, not real at all
5. What does Nemo show Aronnax in his own quarters?
(a) many useful instruments for ocean travel and exploration
(b) pictures of his family
(c) maps he has made of the ocean floor
(d) books on the seven seas
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the offer Captain Farragut makes as they search for the monster?
2. What does Conseil believe about the outcome of the trip?
3. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
4. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
5. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)