|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 13 | Part 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nemo show Aronnax in his own quarters?
(a) pictures of his family
(b) many useful instruments for ocean travel and exploration
(c) maps he has made of the ocean floor
(d) books on the seven seas
2. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
(a) by pumping air in from the surface
(b) by powerful motors
(c) by manipulating the amount of water in its reserves
(d) by heating the water outside the ship
3. What is the offer Captain Farragut makes as they search for the monster?
(a) a write up in the newspapers about the person who spots it
(b) a $2,000 reward to the first person on the frigate who spots it
(c) a bottle of rum for the frist person to spot it
(d) a promotion to ensign for the first person to spot it
4. What happens when Ned Land gets close enough to throw his harpoon?
(a) The monster throws it back.
(b) The harpoon strikes on a hard surface.
(c) The monster dives almost taking the ship down with it.
(d) Land misses and the monster disappears.
5. What does the public speculate the object is?
(a) something from outer space
(b) a mirage, not real at all
(c) a sea monster like the Loch Ness dragon
(d) an island reef, a sea serpent, or a whale of unknown species
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
2. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
3. What does Aronnax discover in Nemo's library?
4. What is the name of the vessel?
5. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)