|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 13 | Part 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
(a) It makes sharper turns than the ship can make.
(b) It submerges often and comes up in back of the ship.
(c) It swims agilely at a speed of perhaps thirty miles per hour.
(d) It keeps going around in circles.
2. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(b) He is in a small life raft.
(c) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(d) He is swimming toward them.
3. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
(a) He has cramps from being in the cold water.
(b) He has too many troubling thoughts.
(c) He cannot sleep with the lights on.
(d) He always suffers from insomnia.
4. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
(a) He concludes that it will be too dangerous.
(b) He thinks the invitation is a hoax.
(c) He believes that nothing will be gained by the expedition.
(d) Aronnax decides his purpose in life must be to hunt down this monster.
5. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
(a) The people are trying to kill them.
(b) The oxygen in the room has been depleted.
(c) The room is filling up with water.
(d) The walls are closing in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aronnax find the taste of seaweed cigars?
2. What is the shape of the Nautilus?
3. What does Nemo show Aronnax in his own quarters?
4. What happens when Ned Land gets close enough to throw his harpoon?
5. How does Aronnax happen to be in the right place at the right time to be invited to join the hunt?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)