|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 13 | Part 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
(a) Aronnax decides his purpose in life must be to hunt down this monster.
(b) He concludes that it will be too dangerous.
(c) He believes that nothing will be gained by the expedition.
(d) He thinks the invitation is a hoax.
2. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
(a) He has too many troubling thoughts.
(b) He has cramps from being in the cold water.
(c) He always suffers from insomnia.
(d) He cannot sleep with the lights on.
3. What is the name of the vessel?
(a) the Discoverer
(b) the Intrepid
(c) the Challenger
(d) the Nautilus
4. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
(a) Land is relieved to see another Canadian.
(b) Land smiles and asks a lot of questions.
(c) Land is grateful to see a human face.
(d) Land is so angry he jumps him and starts to strangle him.
5. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(b) He is swimming toward them.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is in a small life raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationalities does Aronnax guess the captors to be?
2. Describe Aronnax's immediate action after he receives the invitation.
3. How does Aronnax find the taste of seaweed cigars?
4. What is Aronnax's assigned room like?
5. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)