|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 13 | Part 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ned Land gets close enough to throw his harpoon?
(a) The monster throws it back.
(b) The monster dives almost taking the ship down with it.
(c) Land misses and the monster disappears.
(d) The harpoon strikes on a hard surface.
2. Where was the Nautilus assembled?
(a) a warehouse in the south of France
(b) off the coast of Africa
(c) in the Bermuda Triangle
(d) workshops on desert islands in the ocean
3. In what year do reports start circulating about the strange creature in the ocean?
4. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(b) He is in a small life raft.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is swimming toward them.
5. What does Nemo say do not exist in his undersea world?
(a) unjust laws or wars
(b) hunger or cold
(c) women or children
(d) money or banks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
2. How does Aronnax happen to be in the right place at the right time to be invited to join the hunt?
3. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
4. Describe Aronnax's immediate action after he receives the invitation.
5. What is the first view from the surface Aronnax enjoys with Captain Nemo?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)