|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 9 | Part 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
(a) struggling to remove his clothes
(b) nearly freezing and about to drown
(c) standing on the back of the monster
(d) holding onto a life preserver
2. Describe Aronnax's immediate action after he receives the invitation.
(a) He telegraphs France to say he will be staying longer.
(b) The first thing he does is to contact his trusted servant of ten years, Conseil, a Flemish boy age thirty.
(c) He goes to the library to read up on sea monsters.
(d) He writes out his last will and testament.
3. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
(a) a pod of whales they needed for food
(b) a sea creature with rabies
(c) a sea monster that has been wrecking ships
(d) a warship from China
4. What does the public speculate the object is?
(a) an island reef, a sea serpent, or a whale of unknown species
(b) a mirage, not real at all
(c) something from outer space
(d) a sea monster like the Loch Ness dragon
5. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
(a) The oxygen in the room has been depleted.
(b) The room is filling up with water.
(c) The walls are closing in.
(d) The people are trying to kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nemo describe himself to Aronnax, Conseil, and Land?
2. What does Conseil believe about the outcome of the trip?
3. What does Conseil politely ask Aronnax in the water?
4. Why does Aronnax rule out the possibility of an individual creating the monster?
5. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)