|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 9 | Part 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tell about the encounter with the captain of a whaling ship.
(a) The captain recognizes Ned Land and hires him away.
(b) The captain borrows Ned Land, who happily harpoons two whales for him.
(c) The captain laughs at the idea of a giant sea monster.
(d) The captain relates an encounter with the monster.
2. What is the offer Captain Farragut makes as they search for the monster?
(a) a promotion to ensign for the first person to spot it
(b) a $2,000 reward to the first person on the frigate who spots it
(c) a write up in the newspapers about the person who spots it
(d) a bottle of rum for the frist person to spot it
3. Describe Aronnax's immediate action after he receives the invitation.
(a) He writes out his last will and testament.
(b) He telegraphs France to say he will be staying longer.
(c) He goes to the library to read up on sea monsters.
(d) The first thing he does is to contact his trusted servant of ten years, Conseil, a Flemish boy age thirty.
4. How long do Conseil and Ned think they have been asleep when they finally wake up?
(a) for one full day
(b) for a week
(c) for a few hours
(d) for a few minutes
5. What evidence does Aronnax give Land to support his theory of a large sea animal?
(a) and estimate of how it would be too expensive to make a machine like that
(b) a long scientific explanation on water pressure on various size animals at various depths of the sea
(c) scraps of flesh removed from some of the damaged ships
(d) some fuzzy photos taken by people who have spotted it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
2. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
3. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
4. What does Nemo say do not exist in his undersea world?
5. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)