|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 9 | Part 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the frigate unable to catch the monster?
(a) It submerges often and comes up in back of the ship.
(b) It swims agilely at a speed of perhaps thirty miles per hour.
(c) It makes sharper turns than the ship can make.
(d) It keeps going around in circles.
2. How long do Conseil and Ned think they have been asleep when they finally wake up?
(a) for one full day
(b) for a week
(c) for a few minutes
(d) for a few hours
3. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
(a) nearly freezing and about to drown
(b) struggling to remove his clothes
(c) holding onto a life preserver
(d) standing on the back of the monster
4. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(b) He is in a small life raft.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is swimming toward them.
5. Briefly describe Ned Land.
(a) He is a Frenchman only on board to translate for Aronnax.
(b) He is Conseil's cousin conscripted for the trip.
(c) Land is a Canadian who speaks French with Aronnax. He has been a seaman all his life and has many interesting tales about his adventures.
(d) He is a Canadian scientist who disbelieves the whole thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
2. Taken aboard the mysterious craft, who does Aronnax think they have been saved by?
3. What evidence does Aronnax give Land to support his theory of a large sea animal?
4. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
5. What is professor Aronnax's conclusion about what the sightings are?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)