|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sailors take from a dead whale?
2. How does Nemo describe himself to Aronnax, Conseil, and Land?
(a) as a man who has broken all ties that bound him to humankind
(b) as a man who has been longing for English speaking company
(c) as a great inventor and benefactor of lost sailors
(d) as a man on a mission to save the whales
3. What do they see at the pearl grotto?
(a) a fishing net being lowered
(b) a shark attacking a diver
(c) a chest filled with pearls
(d) a disoriented whale
4. Why does Nemo take Aronnax to the sailors' quarters to see if he can do anything?
(a) A man has been stung by a manta ray.
(b) A man has been fatally wounded.
(c) Some of the men have scurvy.
(d) Two men are coughing up blood.
5. What does Nemo say do not exist in his undersea world?
(a) hunger or cold
(b) money or banks
(c) women or children
(d) unjust laws or wars
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Conseil, Ned Land, and Aronnax up on the platform?
2. Heading into the Antarctic sea, what do they see?
3. How does Aronnax know they are near caverns that would be perfect for poulps or giant squids?
4. If there are 3,000 feet of ice beneath the water line, how much ice is above the line?
5. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)