|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned ask Captain Nemo?
(a) permission to shoot some whales
(b) permission to steer the Nautilus
(c) permission to go below
(d) permission to go ashore
2. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is in a small life raft.
(b) He is swimming toward them.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
3. How does Land react to the steward who comes into the room after he wakes up?
(a) Land is so angry he jumps him and starts to strangle him.
(b) Land smiles and asks a lot of questions.
(c) Land is grateful to see a human face.
(d) Land is relieved to see another Canadian.
4. What does Conseil say keeps them excited about the trip?
(a) no chance to ask questions
(b) no schedules to keep
(c) no time for boredom
(d) no idea where they are
5. What valuable item does Nemo take from a secret place?
(a) a statue from Atlantis
(b) a chest full of gold ingots
(c) a crate of raw diamonds
(d) a box of rare black pearls
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Aronnax give Land to support his theory of a large sea animal?
2. What does Aronnax observe the sailors doing the morning after the underwater walk?
3. Heading into the Antarctic sea, what do they see?
4. Why does Nemo take Aronnax to the sailors' quarters to see if he can do anything?
5. When the Nautilus cannot move, how does Aronnax describe the situation?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)