|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sailors take from a dead whale?
2. Why does Nemo take Aronnax to the sailors' quarters to see if he can do anything?
(a) Two men are coughing up blood.
(b) A man has been stung by a manta ray.
(c) A man has been fatally wounded.
(d) Some of the men have scurvy.
3. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
(a) a warship from China
(b) a pod of whales they needed for food
(c) a sea monster that has been wrecking ships
(d) a sea creature with rabies
4. What famous historical figure does Nemo discuss with Aronnax?
(a) George Washington
(b) Captain Cook
(c) La Perouse
(d) Captain Kidd
5. What is Aronnax's reply when Land asks if he would leave if Nemo gave them permission?
(a) He would jump at the chance.
(b) No, he would not leave.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) Only if Nemo would go with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
2. What awakens Aronnax at three in the morning?
3. Where is the Nautilus when Aronnax cannot figure out where they are?
4. Where do they get manatees and turtles?
5. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)