|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the offer Captain Farragut makes as they search for the monster?
(a) a $2,000 reward to the first person on the frigate who spots it
(b) a write up in the newspapers about the person who spots it
(c) a promotion to ensign for the first person to spot it
(d) a bottle of rum for the frist person to spot it
2. What does Conseil politely ask Aronnax in the water?
(a) if he knows how to tread water
(b) if he can cut away his clothes
(c) if he can see any other survivors
(d) if he has any last wishes
3. What does Ned take Aronnax to view outside the Nautilus one morning?
(a) corpses, some still fresh and even one of a woman
(b) giant squid trying to get inside the Nautilus
(c) men outside mining diamonds
(d) whales playing around the Nautilus
4. What does Aronnax conclude the minute he gets his invitation from Hobson?
(a) He concludes that it will be too dangerous.
(b) Aronnax decides his purpose in life must be to hunt down this monster.
(c) He believes that nothing will be gained by the expedition.
(d) He thinks the invitation is a hoax.
5. Taken aboard the mysterious craft, who does Aronnax think they have been saved by?
(a) people from Atlantis
(c) the U. S. Navy
(d) a whale that swallowed them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nemo's aide kill underwater?
2. Where was the Nautilus assembled?
3. Who are the two people on board who are not enthusiastic about the search?
4. Looking through the glass port, what does Ned Land have to admit about the view of the ocean?
5. How does Nemo describe himself to Aronnax, Conseil, and Land?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)