|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with Nemo the morning after the underwater walk, how long is Nemo absent?
(a) for two days
(b) for weeks
(c) for nine hours
(d) for a fortnight
2. What does Aronnax insist they thought they were hunting and attacking?
(a) a sea monster that has been wrecking ships
(b) a warship from China
(c) a pod of whales they needed for food
(d) a sea creature with rabies
3. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
(a) nearly freezing and about to drown
(b) holding onto a life preserver
(c) struggling to remove his clothes
(d) standing on the back of the monster
4. What does Nemo say do not exist in his undersea world?
(a) unjust laws or wars
(b) hunger or cold
(c) money or banks
(d) women or children
5. What does Aronnax fear about the heavy air in the room where they are?
(a) The walls are closing in.
(b) The room is filling up with water.
(c) The people are trying to kill them.
(d) The oxygen in the room has been depleted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two people on board who are not enthusiastic about the search?
2. Looking through the glass port, what does Ned Land have to admit about the view of the ocean?
3. Briefly describe Ned Land.
4. How long do Conseil and Ned think they have been asleep when they finally wake up?
5. When they get tired underwater, what do they do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)