|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
(a) a stash of rum left by pirates
(b) bees making honey
(c) diamonds as big as his fist
(d) large birds to kill and take back to the Nautilus
2. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
(a) struggling to remove his clothes
(b) holding onto a life preserver
(c) standing on the back of the monster
(d) nearly freezing and about to drown
3. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
(a) by manipulating the amount of water in its reserves
(b) by pumping air in from the surface
(c) by powerful motors
(d) by heating the water outside the ship
4. What famous historical figure does Nemo discuss with Aronnax?
(a) Captain Kidd
(b) George Washington
(c) Captain Cook
(d) La Perouse
5. What does Conseil politely ask Aronnax in the water?
(a) if he knows how to tread water
(b) if he can cut away his clothes
(c) if he has any last wishes
(d) if he can see any other survivors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conseil say keeps them excited about the trip?
2. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
3. Taken aboard the mysterious craft, who does Aronnax think they have been saved by?
4. As they enter the Red Sea, what does Aronnax find?
5. What is the shape of the Nautilus?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)