|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking through the glass port, what does Ned Land have to admit about the view of the ocean?
(a) the view is polluted
(b) the view is wonderful
(c) the view is uninteresting
(d) the view is frightening
2. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
(a) a secret hideout for his treasures
(b) a place where he will one day build a house
(c) a place to repair the Nautilus
(d) a resting place from winds and currents
3. What does Ned Land say he does not feel?
(a) sure that they will escape
(b) happy that he has to work too hard
(c) certain they know where they are
(d) safe on this scrap heap of metal
4. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(b) He is in a small life raft.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is swimming toward them.
5. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
(a) the Arabian Tunnel
(b) the Sargasso Stream
(c) the River Styx
(d) the Gulf Stream
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
2. What is the first view from the surface Aronnax enjoys with Captain Nemo?
3. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
4. What does Ned do as the shark is about to kill Captain Nemo?
5. What mysterious spot does Aronnax see near an underwater volcano?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)