|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
(a) by pumping air in from the surface
(b) by manipulating the amount of water in its reserves
(c) by heating the water outside the ship
(d) by powerful motors
2. What is the shape of the Nautilus?
(a) like a box
(b) like a saucer
(c) like a train
(d) like a cylinder with conical ends
3. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
(a) by going through the Suez Canal
(b) by making the Nautilus fly
(c) through what he calls it the Arabian Tunnel
(d) by going around the southern tip of Africa
4. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is in a small life raft.
(b) He is swimming toward them.
(c) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
(d) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
5. What artifact does Nemo show Aronnax that he had recovered from the sea?
(a) a statue of the virgin Mary
(b) a box of Byzantine jewelry
(c) a marble inscription from Atlantis
(d) a tin box with papers of Commander La Perouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
2. What is the first view from the surface Aronnax enjoys with Captain Nemo?
3. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
4. What does Aronnax say he sees traveling in the Nautilus?
5. What do they see at the pearl grotto?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)