|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
(a) a stash of rum left by pirates
(b) large birds to kill and take back to the Nautilus
(c) diamonds as big as his fist
(d) bees making honey
2. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
(a) through what he calls it the Arabian Tunnel
(b) by making the Nautilus fly
(c) by going around the southern tip of Africa
(d) by going through the Suez Canal
3. What does Conseil politely ask Aronnax in the water?
(a) if he knows how to tread water
(b) if he can cut away his clothes
(c) if he can see any other survivors
(d) if he has any last wishes
4. What is the first view from the surface Aronnax enjoys with Captain Nemo?
(a) the Japanese coastline
(b) the Philippines
(c) the Hawaiian Islands
(d) the California coastline
5. What artifact does Nemo show Aronnax that he had recovered from the sea?
(a) a statue of the virgin Mary
(b) a box of Byzantine jewelry
(c) a tin box with papers of Commander La Perouse
(d) a marble inscription from Atlantis
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ceylon, where do they travel?
2. How does the Nautilus sink and rise?
3. Where was the Nautilus assembled?
4. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
5. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)