|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aronnax say he sees traveling in the Nautilus?
(a) many changes in the ocean currents
(b) many telegraph cables
(c) many other shipwrecks
(d) many drowned land birds
2. After the aborted escape attempt, what does Aronnax tell Land?
(a) about Captain Nemo's treasures
(b) where they are going next
(c) about how they can escape next time
(d) that he should try to get along with Nemo
3. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
(a) He is swimming toward them.
(b) He is in a small life raft.
(c) He is actually standing on the back of the monster.
(d) He is holding onto the dorsal fin of a porpoise.
4. What does Aronnax find in the pearl grotto?
(a) a treasure map left by pirates
(b) a pearl the size of a coconut
(c) the body of a drowned pearl diver
(d) a school of sharks waiting for him
5. What does Nemo say the lake is to him?
(a) a secret hideout for his treasures
(b) a place to repair the Nautilus
(c) a resting place from winds and currents
(d) a place where he will one day build a house
Short Answer Questions
1. After falling from the Abraham Lincoln, what is Aronnax's condition?
2. Although the inactive volcano offers no means of escape, what does Ned Land find that cheers him up?
3. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
4. Where was the Nautilus assembled?
5. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)