|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 9 | Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aronnax have trouble falling asleep after the rescue?
(a) He has cramps from being in the cold water.
(b) He has too many troubling thoughts.
(c) He always suffers from insomnia.
(d) He cannot sleep with the lights on.
2. What does Aronnax say he sees traveling in the Nautilus?
(a) many changes in the ocean currents
(b) many telegraph cables
(c) many other shipwrecks
(d) many drowned land birds
3. As they enter the Red Sea, what does Aronnax find?
(a) the lost tablets of stone
(b) the lost Red Sea scrolls
(c) the lost continent of Atlantis
(d) the lost city of Mocha
4. What artifact does Nemo show Aronnax that he had recovered from the sea?
(a) a marble inscription from Atlantis
(b) a box of Byzantine jewelry
(c) a tin box with papers of Commander La Perouse
(d) a statue of the virgin Mary
5. How does Nemo propose to get them from the Red Sea into the Mediterranean?
(a) by going around the southern tip of Africa
(b) by going through the Suez Canal
(c) by making the Nautilus fly
(d) through what he calls it the Arabian Tunnel
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Aronnax and Conseil finally see Ned Land?
2. What is the shape of the Nautilus?
3. Where is the Nautilus when Aronnax cannot figure out where they are?
4. What is described as the most interesting river in the sea?
5. After Ceylon, where do they travel?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)