|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the Nautilus breaks free, what happens to Aronnax?
(a) He catches pneumonia.
(b) He falls asleep and cannot wake up.
(c) He nearly freezes.
(d) He almost suffocates.
2. What is the first strange thing Aronnax observes about Nemo's behavior.
(a) He talks to himself out loud.
(b) He goes missing for two days.
(c) He appears to be highly superstitious.
(d) He sometimes talks gibberish.
3. Through what do they pass to get outside the submerged Nautilus?
(a) a torpedo tunnel
(b) an airtight room
(c) a holding room full of water
(d) a shower of warm water
4. How does the Nautilus finally get through?
(a) by moving back and forth
(b) by overheating the submarine
(c) by another accident of nature
(d) by ramming where the ice cracks
5. What valuable item does Nemo take from a secret place?
(a) a crate of raw diamonds
(b) a box of rare black pearls
(c) a chest full of gold ingots
(d) a statue from Atlantis
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the strange words a man says to Aronnax on the platform?
2. What animal does Ned harpoon along the Arabian coast?
3. What happens to the small boat when the wounded animal attacks?
4. How is the animal finally killed?
5. How do they try to get through the ice?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)