|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Captain Nemo come up with to clear the ice?
(a) using boiling water
(b) using electric charges
(c) using salt
(d) using explosives
2. What animal does Ned harpoon along the Arabian coast?
(a) a dugong
(b) a large sea otter
(c) an oryx
(d) a crocodile
3. What does Nemo inform Aronnax?
(a) It is possible to breathe sea water.
(b) It is possible to stay submerged for a month.
(c) It is possible to walk underwater.
(d) It is possible to talk underwater.
4. What valuable item does Nemo take from a secret place?
(a) a statue from Atlantis
(b) a box of rare black pearls
(c) a crate of raw diamonds
(d) a chest full of gold ingots
5. How is the animal finally killed?
(a) Land stabs it with his knife.
(b) Conseil hits it with an oar.
(c) Land harpoons it through the heart.
(d) The animal cannot come up for air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned Land plan once they are in the Mediterranean?
2. What is the first strange thing Aronnax observes about Nemo's behavior.
3. What is Aronnax's reply when Land asks if he would leave if Nemo gave them permission?
4. What is Ned Land's response to an invitation to explore underwater?
5. What happens to save the life of Aronnax?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)