|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to save the life of Aronnax?
(a) The Nautilus breaks through at the last minute.
(b) They put him into a diving suit and give him air.
(c) Ned and Conseil sacrifice some of their air.
(d) Nemo releases the emergency air.
2. How does the Nautilus finally get through?
(a) by another accident of nature
(b) by ramming where the ice cracks
(c) by moving back and forth
(d) by overheating the submarine
3. What is the first strange thing Aronnax observes about Nemo's behavior.
(a) He goes missing for two days.
(b) He appears to be highly superstitious.
(c) He sometimes talks gibberish.
(d) He talks to himself out loud.
4. What does Ned Land plan once they are in the Mediterranean?
(a) a special feast of dugong meat
(b) a campaign for the three prisoners to escape
(c) a plot to kill Nemo
(d) an idea for a new book
5. What is Aronnax's reply when Land asks if he would leave if Nemo gave them permission?
(a) No, he would not leave.
(b) Only if Nemo would go with them.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) He would jump at the chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what do they pass to get outside the submerged Nautilus?
2. How is the animal finally killed?
3. What is Ned Land's response to an invitation to explore underwater?
4. What animal does Ned harpoon along the Arabian coast?
5. What does Nemo point out to Aronnax?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)