|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Captain Nemo come up with to clear the ice?
(a) using salt
(b) using explosives
(c) using electric charges
(d) using boiling water
2. What is Ned Land's response to an invitation to explore underwater?
(a) He agrees to go reluctantly.
(b) He jumps at the chance.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He refuses.
3. How does the Nautilus finally get through?
(a) by moving back and forth
(b) by overheating the submarine
(c) by another accident of nature
(d) by ramming where the ice cracks
4. What does Nemo point out to Aronnax?
(a) the entrance to the forest of Crespo
(b) giant oyster shells
(c) diamonds on the ocean floor
(d) large sharks circling overhead
5. What valuable item does Nemo take from a secret place?
(a) a chest full of gold ingots
(b) a crate of raw diamonds
(c) a box of rare black pearls
(d) a statue from Atlantis
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the Nautilus breaks free, what happens to Aronnax?
2. What are the strange words a man says to Aronnax on the platform?
3. What is Aronnax's reply when Land asks if he would leave if Nemo gave them permission?
4. What happens to save the life of Aronnax?
5. What does Ned Land plan once they are in the Mediterranean?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)