Part 1 Chapter 1 | Part 1 Chapter 2
• Background sightings and collisions with a mysterious ocean going object that is assumed to be a giant deep ocean creature.
• Over 3,000 ships are wrecked in 1867 and public outcry calls for finding the creature and destroying it.
• Pierre Aronnax, an assistant professor of the Museum of Natural History in Paris, reasons that it is either a sea monster or a man-made vessel.
• Commander Farragut is commissioned to sail a large frigate named the Abraham Lincoln to look for and destroy the monster and Aronnax receives an invitation to join the expedition.
Part 1 Chapter 3 | Part 1 Chapter 4
• Aronnax and his faithful Flemish servant, Conseil, board the Abraham Lincoln which is built for speed; Conseil is not fully aware of the dangers he might be facing.
• Aronnax is impulsive when he joins the Abraham Lincoln, even indulges in mystical thinking that the expedition is God's will for his...
This section contains 3,130 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)