|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one phrase, describe how Solomon perceived William Ford to be of value to him.
(a) As a provider.
(b) As a refuge.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As an example.
2. What was the inspiration behind the name of the area that known as "Bayou Bœuf"?
(a) The bayou that ran through the area.
(b) Tame and untamed cattle.
(c) Tame and untamed pigs.
(d) A great statesman who lived in the area.
3. What had Epps threatened the slaves with before the carriage came into the Epps Plantation, headed for the main house?
(a) Forcing them to work in the cold.
(b) Forcing them to stay up and dance with him for the next three nights.
(c) A whipping for not working enough.
(d) Withholding their meals for the next couple of days.
4. Why did Lawson take off in such high speed to find William Ford upon Chapin's request?
(a) He wanted to beat the last speed record he set while running his mule into town.
(b) He wanted to impress Mr. Chapin.
(c) He really wanted to get Solomon some help.
(d) He wanted to show just how fast he could make his mule run.
5. Who seemed to suffer the most among Epps' slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Epps' status at the time that he bought Solomon from John Tibeats?
2. What did Solomon believe to be a contributing factor toward William Ford owning slaves despite the fact that he was a Christian?
3. After Bass agreed to help Solomon regain his freedom, how did both men act toward each other around Epps?
4. If William Ford was a wealthy plantation owner, how did he manage to get into financial trouble?
5. What was the main contributing factor that led toward the development of a friendship between Mrs. Ford and Solomon?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)