Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the juror who changes his mind give for doing so?
(a) He now believes the jury was too hasty.
(b) He admires the conviction of the juror who stood alone against the rest.
(c) He now believes the defendant is innocent.
(d) He now believes the evidence is questionable.
2. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
(a) A man of conviction who takes the role of the jury very seriously.
(b) A man who owns his own business and can control his own use of time.
(c) A man of conviction who does not believe in prejudice.
(d) A man who is not employed so he has no urgent business to conduct.
3. What important information about the jurors' behavior becomes evident during their deliberations in Act II?
(a) They are influenced by the judge's instructions.
(b) They do not pay much attention to the facts.
(c) They are not interested in justice.
(d) Their judgment is affected by their own personal experiences and values.
4. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
(a) Across the street.
(b) On the second floor of the apartment building where the murder occured.
(c) On the same floor where the murder occurred.
(d) On the ground floor.
5. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(b) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(c) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(d) The foreman does not vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
2. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
3. In the acting out of the old man's movements from his bed to the door, which juror plays the role of the old man?
4. What literary device is used by the writer to create a high level of interest in the play by presenting the strongly contending views of the jurors?
5. What starts the physical confrontation between two jurors in Act II?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)