|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of instrument is the jester carrying when he enters with Viola in Act III Scene I?
(a) A tabour
(b) A trumpet
(c) A trombone
(d) A lute
2. What adjective from Act IV Scene III means held in high religious regard?
3. The jester states in Act IV Scene I, “These wise men that give fools money get themselves a good report” after how many years’ purchase?
4. Feste claims in Act IV Scene II, “I’ll ne’er believe a madman till I see his” what?
5. By what name does Olivia address Sir Toby Belch when she enters in Act IV Scene I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Olivia use in Act IV Scene III to refer to a church pedestal?
2. In Act III Scene I, Olivia says “how much the better to fall before the lion than the” what?
3. Whom does the jester say he would play “to bring a Cressida to this Troilus” in Act III Scene I?
4. Feste remarks that an old hermit said to a niece of whom, “What that is is” in Act IV Scene II?
5. What is the setting of Act IV Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Viola’s discovery that her brother is alive in Act III Scene IV?
2. What happens in the conclusion of Act IV? How does Sebastian feel about his situation?
3. How is Viola/Cesario saved from the duel in Act III Scene IV?
4. How does Feste illustrate the theme of disguise in Act IV Scene II?
5. What do Sir Toby Belch and Fabian convince Sir Andrew Aguecheek to do in Act III Scene II? Who interrupts them?
6. How does the character of Feste contribute to the tone of Twelfth Night? What is the significance of Feste’s name?
7. What conclusion does Antonio reach regarding his dear friend in Act III Scene IV?
8. Describe the character of Sir Andrew Aguecheek. How does Sir Toby Belch describe his friend?
9. What does Feste attempt to convince Malvolio of in Act IV Scene II?
10. What leads to Antonio’s feelings of betrayal in Act III Scene IV?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)