|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Andrew Aguecheek claims that he would rather be what than a politician in Act III Scene II?
(a) A bonny maid
(b) A policeman
(c) A Brownist
(d) An obscurest
2. Feste tells Malvolio in Act IV Scene II, “thou art more puzzled than the Egyptians in their” what?
3. Of whom does Olivia speak when she says in Act III Scene IV, “he is sad and civil, and suits well for a servant with my fortunes”?
4. What is the setting of Act III Scene II?
(a) The cubiculo
(b) The sea-coast
(c) Duke Orsino’s Palace
(d) Olivia’s house
5. When Sir Andrew Aguecheek departs in Act III Scene II, Sir Toby Belch tells him that he and Fabian will call on him where?
(a) Before Olivia’s house
(b) Olivia’s garden
(c) The cubiculo
(d) Olivia’s house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria claim Malvolio is wearing in Act III Scene II?
2. Malvolio describes the room he is in as being what in Act IV Scene II?
3. Who enters with Olivia in Act IV Scene III?
4. What Roman king of the gods and god of sky and thunder is cited in Act III Scene IV?
5. What does the word “lubber,” used in Act IV Scene I, refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the character of Feste differ from all of the other main characters in the play? Who is offended by Feste’s observations?
2. What leads to Antonio’s feelings of betrayal in Act III Scene IV?
3. What is Sir Andrew Aguecheek’s principle focus and grievance in the play?
4. What is Olivia’s reaction upon seeing Malvolio in his bizarre garb in Act III Scene IV?
5. What happens in the conclusion of Act IV? How does Sebastian feel about his situation?
6. What is humiliating about Malvolio’s situation in Act IV Scene II?
7. What does Olivia declare in Act III Scene I? How does Viola/Cesario respond?
8. How does the character of Feste contribute to the tone of Twelfth Night? What is the significance of Feste’s name?
9. How does Antonio help Sebastian in Act III Scene III?
10. How does Feste illustrate the theme of disguise in Act IV Scene II?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)