|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The jester claims in Act IV Scene I that he would not “be in some of your coats” for how much money?
(a) 5 pence
(b) 8 pence
(c) 1 pence
(d) 2 pence
2. Who enters with Olivia in Act IV Scene III?
(a) The Priest
(b) Sir Toby Belch
(d) The Captain
3. Olivia’s last lines in Act IV Scene III are: “Then lead the way, good father; and heavens so shine, that they may fairly note this” what?
(a) Act of mine
(b) Charitable act
(c) Rite of passing
(d) Crime of mine
4. What is the meaning of the word “requite” used in Act IV Scene II?
5. What character states the following in Act III Scene IV: “Go, hang yourselves all! you are idle shallow things: I am not of your element: you shall know more hereafter”?
(b) Sir Topas
6. How many “souls and bodies” does Sir Toby Belch say Sir Andrew Aguecheek “hath divorced” when speaking with Cesario in Act III Scene IV?
7. What kind of instrument is the jester carrying when he enters with Viola in Act III Scene I?
(a) A tabour
(b) A lute
(c) A trombone
(d) A trumpet
8. What character is arrested in Act III Scene IV?
9. In Act III Scene I, Olivia says “how much the better to fall before the lion than the” what?
10. What word does Olivia use in Act IV Scene III to refer to a church pedestal?
11. What do the stage directions describe as the setting for Act III Scene III?
(a) Before Olivia’s house
(b) Before Orsino’s palace
(c) The church
(d) A street
12. What location does Antonio tell Sebastian is the best place to lodge in Act III Scene III?
(a) The Elephant
(b) The Black Cat
(c) The Flamingo
(d) The Ostrich
13. What word from Act IV Scene II means exaggerated?
14. What legendary creature described as a two-legged dragon with a rooster's head does Sir Toby Belch mention in Act III Scene IV?
15. What word used in Act III Scene IV means boldness or determination in facing great danger, especially in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria claim Malvolio is wearing in Act III Scene II?
2. Sir Andrew Aguecheek claims that he’s seen Olivia do more favors to whom than ever she bestowed upon him in Act III Scene II?
3. Sebastian claims he could not find Antonio where in Act IV Scene III?
4. Malvolio begs Feste to help him to find what in Act IV Scene II?
5. What is the setting of Act III Scene IV?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)