|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term in the stage directions of the play refers to a part of an actor's lines supposedly not heard by others on the stage and intended only for the audience?
2. What adjective from Act IV Scene III means held in high religious regard?
3. What word used interjectionally to express distaste, rejection, aversion, etc. does Sir Andrew Aguecheek use in Act III Scene IV?
4. Olivia’s last lines in Act IV Scene III are: “Then lead the way, good father; and heavens so shine, that they may fairly note this” what?
(a) Crime of mine
(b) Rite of passing
(c) Charitable act
(d) Act of mine
5. Where is the old hermit from that Feste cites in Act IV Scene II?
6. After reading Sir Andrew Aguecheek’s letter to Cesario, Sir Toby Belch remarks that Cesario will find the letter comes from what in Act III Scene IV?
(a) A lout
(b) A coxcomb
(c) A clodpole
(d) A pox
7. Feste claims he is not tall enough to do what in Act IV Scene II?
(a) Be a gentle knave
(b) Enact the romance needed
(c) Endure mockery
(d) Become the function well
8. What character is arrested in Act III Scene IV?
9. What image is depicted on the jewel that Olivia gives Cesario in Act III Scene IV?
(a) Viola’s picture
(b) Sebastian’s picture
(c) The ocean
(d) Olivia’s picture
10. What costuming items does Maria give Feste to wear in Act IV Scene II?
(a) A robe and hat
(b) A dress and wig
(c) A ring and crown
(d) A gown and beard
11. What is the setting of Act IV Scene III?
(a) The cubiculo
(b) Duke Orsino’s Palace
(c) The sea-coast
(d) Olivia’s garden
12. What is the setting of Act IV Scene II?
(a) The Elephant
(b) Olivia’s house
(c) The sea-coast
(d) The cubiculo
13. How many “wits” does Feste describe a human having in Act IV Scene II?
14. What does Olivia say hides her heart in Act III Scene I?
(a) A weeping willow
(b) An elm tree
(c) A tiger
(d) A cypress
15. Olivia tells Cesario in Act III Scene IV, “A fiend like thee might bear my soul” where?
(a) To Illyria
(b) To hell
(c) To Heaven
(d) To Elysium
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters with Olivia in Act IV Scene III?
2. What location does Antonio tell Sebastian is the best place to lodge in Act III Scene III?
3. What do the stage directions describe as the setting for Act III Scene III?
4. What word from Act IV Scene II means exaggerated?
5. What does the word “lubber,” used in Act IV Scene I, refer to?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)