|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Captain in Act I Scene II Olivia is the daughter of a count that died how recently?
(a) Three months ago
(b) Seven months ago
(c) A year ago
(d) Three years ago
2. Orsino states in Act I Scene I, “If music be the food of ___, play on…”
3. How much money does Sir Toby Belch give to the jester to have him sing a song in Act II Scene III?
(d) A pox
4. By what name does Sir Toby Belch refer to Maria when bidding her goodnight in Act II Scene III?
5. What does the jester say “are no bottle-ale houses” in Act II Scene III?
(a) The Sirens
(b) The Myrmidons
(c) The master’s homes
(d) The Vaspians
6. When the jester enters in Act II Scene III Sir Andrew Aguecheek speaks of his discussion of whom from the night before?
7. Who says in Act II Scene IV, “I am all the daughters of my father's house, And all the brothers too”?
(d) Sir Topas
8. Maria tells Sir Toby Belch that his “quaffing” and what will undo him in Act I Scene III?
9. What is the setting of Act II Scene IV?
(a) The sea-coast
(b) The Elephant
(c) Duke Orsino’s Palace
(d) Before Olivia’s house
10. When the jester enters in Act II Scene III Sir Andrew Aguecheek speaks of his discussion of whom “passing the equinoctial of Queubus”?
(a) The Romans
(b) The French
(c) The Vaspians
(d) The cannibals
11. With whom is Sir Toby Belch speaking in the opening of Act II Scene V?
12. What is the setting for Act I Scene V?
(a) The sea-coast
(c) Olivia’s house
(d) Olivia’s garden
13. What word does Maria use in Act II Scene III that means to howl or screech like cats?
14. Sebastian tells his friend and savior that he is bound for whose court in Act II Scene I?
(a) Sir Topas’s
15. For whom is Olivia observing a period of mourning in Act I?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her husband
(d) Her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act I Scene IV take place?
2. What does Sir Toby Belch claim Malvolio is when speaking with Maria in Act II Scene III?
3. What “foolish knight” does Maria say Sir Toby Belch brought to woo Olivia in Act I Scene III?
4. What is the name of Olivia’s steward in the play?
5. Who has just saved Sebastian’s life in Act II Scene I?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)