|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II Scene IV?
(a) The Elephant
(b) The sea-coast
(c) Before Olivia’s house
(d) Duke Orsino’s Palace
2. Maria tells Sir Toby Belch that his “quaffing” and what will undo him in Act I Scene III?
3. Malvolio hands Cesario what object in Act II Scene II?
(a) A ring
(b) A handkerchief
(c) A letter
(d) A necklace
4. Maria tells Sir Toby Belch that Olivia takes great exceptions to his what in Act I Scene III?
(a) Drunken revelry
(b) Hasty departure
(c) Ill hours
(d) Religious insincerity
5. When the jester enters in Act II Scene III Sir Andrew Aguecheek speaks of his discussion of whom “passing the equinoctial of Queubus”?
(a) The cannibals
(b) The Vaspians
(c) The French
(d) The Romans
6. What French term does Sir Andrew Aguecheek not understand when speaking with Sir Toby Belch in Act I Scene III?
(a) Diluculo surgere
(d) Pour quoi
7. What does Viola solicit to “untangle this” confusion in Act II Scene II?
8. Sir Toby Belch asks Sir Andrew Aguecheek in Act II Scene III, “Does not our life consist of” what?
(a) The seven saints
(b) The five wits
(c) The four elements
(d) The Ten Commandments
9. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II that he last saw her brother clinging to what?
(a) A ship wheel
(b) A suitcase
(c) A branch
(d) A mast
10. Where does Viola say her brother is in Act I Scene II?
11. What does Sir Toby Belch claim Malvolio is when speaking with Maria in Act II Scene III?
(a) A pox
(b) A Peg-a-Ramsey
(c) A lout
(d) A coxcomb
12. How is Sir Toby Belch related to Olivia in the play?
(a) He is her cousin
(b) He is her uncle
(c) He is her brother
(d) He is her father
13. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II, “When my tongue blabs, then let mine eyes” what?
(a) See thine
(b) Find beauty
(c) Not see
(d) Fall out
14. Sir Toby Belch claims that Olivia is what when speaking with Maria in Act II Scene III?
(a) A Vespian
(b) A Cataian
(c) A Roman
(d) A clodpole
15. When given money to sing a song for Sir Toby Belch, the jester asks if he would like a love-song or what in Act II Scene III?
(a) A song of good fortune
(b) A sorrowful song
(c) A dancing number
(d) A song of good life
Short Answer Questions
1. Olivia’s court jester states in Act I Scene V, “Let her hang me: he that is well hanged in this world needs to fear no” what?
2. Upon entering, Sir Toby Belch states in Act II Scene III, “Approach, Sir Andrew: not to be abed after midnight is to be” what?
3. When the jester enters in Act II Scene III Sir Andrew Aguecheek speaks of his discussion of whom from the night before?
4. Who asks Sir Toby Belch and Sir Andrew in Act II Scene III, “Is there no respect of place, persons, nor time in you?”
5. What “foolish knight” does Maria say Sir Toby Belch brought to woo Olivia in Act I Scene III?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)