|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Viola states in a soliloquy in Act II Scene II, “Fortune forbid my outside have not” what?
(a) Charm’d her
(b) Hasten’d her
(c) Denied her
(d) Chasten’d her
2. What dog breed does Sir Toby Belch tell Sir Andrew that Maria is in Act II Scene III?
(a) A German Shepherd
(b) A Great Dane
(c) A Burmese Mountain Dog
(d) A Beagle
3. Valentine informs Orsino that Olivia will be observing a period of mourning for how many years in Act I?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene III?
(a) The cubiculo
(b) Olivia’s house
(c) The Elephant
(d) Olivia’s garden
5. What does Viola solicit to “untangle this” confusion in Act II Scene II?
6. With whom is Sir Toby Belch speaking in the opening of Act II Scene V?
7. Sir Toby Belch asks Sir Andrew Aguecheek in Act II Scene III, “Does not our life consist of” what?
(a) The Ten Commandments
(b) The seven saints
(c) The five wits
(d) The four elements
8. What is the name of Olivia’s steward in the play?
9. What “foolish knight” does Maria say Sir Toby Belch brought to woo Olivia in Act I Scene III?
(a) Sir Andrew Aguecheek
(c) Sir Topas
10. For whom is Olivia observing a period of mourning in Act I?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her husband
(c) Her sister
(d) Her mother
11. Who asks Sir Toby Belch and Sir Andrew in Act II Scene III, “Is there no respect of place, persons, nor time in you?”
12. What is the name of Olivia’s lady-in-waiting?
13. Sir Toby Belch sings of the twelfth day of what month in Act II Scene III?
14. Where does Viola say her brother is in Act I Scene II?
15. Where does Act I Scene IV take place?
(a) The sea-coast
(b) Duke Orsino’s Palace
(c) Olivia’s garden
(d) Olivia’s house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Olivia’s court jester?
2. Who says in Act II Scene IV, “I am all the daughters of my father's house, And all the brothers too”?
3. The Captain compares Viola’s brother to whom “on the dolphin’s back” in Act I Scene II?
4. Viola solicits the Captain to help her disguise herself as what in Act I Scene II?
5. What does the jester say “are no bottle-ale houses” in Act II Scene III?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)