|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sir Toby Belch related to Olivia in the play?
(a) He is her cousin
(b) He is her father
(c) He is her uncle
(d) He is her brother
2. Viola states in a soliloquy in Act II Scene II, “Fortune forbid my outside have not” what?
(a) Charm’d her
(b) Chasten’d her
(c) Hasten’d her
(d) Denied her
3. Olivia’s court jester states in Act I Scene V, “Many a good hanging prevents” what?
(a) A bad engagement
(b) A bad marriage
(c) A bad life
(d) A bad dropping
4. Olivia’s lips are compared to those of whom from Roman mythology in Act I Scene IV?
5. What is the name of Olivia’s lady-in-waiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What French term does Sir Andrew Aguecheek not understand when speaking with Sir Toby Belch in Act I Scene III?
2. Who says in Act II Scene IV, “I am all the daughters of my father's house, And all the brothers too”?
3. For whom is Olivia observing a period of mourning in Act I?
4. Malvolio hands Cesario what object in Act II Scene II?
5. By what name does the court jester refer to Olivia in Act I Scene V?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)