|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Cesario to visit and woo Olivia for him in Act I Scene IV?
(a) Sir Andrew Aguecheek
2. The Captain tells Viola that he was born how many hoursof travel from the place they stand in Act I Scene II?
3. What dog breed does Sir Toby Belch tell Sir Andrew that Maria is in Act II Scene III?
(a) A German Shepherd
(b) A Great Dane
(c) A Burmese Mountain Dog
(d) A Beagle
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene II?
(b) The sea-coast
(c) Before Baptista’s house
(d) The Elephant
5. Maria tells Sir Toby Belch that Olivia takes great exceptions to his what in Act I Scene III?
(a) Hasty departure
(b) Ill hours
(c) Drunken revelry
(d) Religious insincerity
Short Answer Questions
1. What French term does Sir Andrew Aguecheek not understand when speaking with Sir Toby Belch in Act I Scene III?
2. Viola states in a soliloquy in Act II Scene II, “Fortune forbid my outside have not” what?
3. Viola states in her soliloquy in Act II Scene II, “I am the man: if it be so, as 'tis, Poor lady, she were better love” what?
4. How is Sir Toby Belch related to Olivia in the play?
5. Who has just saved Sebastian’s life in Act II Scene I?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)