|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true identity of Cesario in the play?
2. What is the setting for Act I Scene V?
(a) Olivia’s garden
(b) Olivia’s house
(c) The sea-coast
3. In what country has Viola arrived in Act I Scene II?
4. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II, “When my tongue blabs, then let mine eyes” what?
(a) Not see
(b) Find beauty
(c) Fall out
(d) See thine
5. Sir Toby Belch claims that the “foolish knight” he brought to woo Olivia earns how much per year in Act I Scene III?
(a) 3,000 ducats
(b) 7,000 ducats
(c) 1,500 ducats
(d) 12,000 ducats
Short Answer Questions
1. Viola solicits the Captain to help her disguise herself as what in Act I Scene II?
2. What is the name of Olivia’s court jester?
3. Orsino describes music as a “sweet sound, that breathes upon a bank of ______” in Act I Scene I?
4. What is Maria’s reply when asked in Act I Scene III, “Wherefore, sweetheart? What’s your metaphor?”
5. The Captain compares Viola’s brother to whom “on the dolphin’s back” in Act I Scene II?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)