|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sir Toby Belch related to Olivia in the play?
(a) He is her brother
(b) He is her cousin
(c) He is her father
(d) He is her uncle
2. By what name does the court jester refer to Olivia in Act I Scene V?
3. Sir Toby Belch claims that the “foolish knight” he brought to woo Olivia earns how much per year in Act I Scene III?
(a) 7,000 ducats
(b) 3,000 ducats
(c) 12,000 ducats
(d) 1,500 ducats
4. In what country has Viola arrived in Act I Scene II?
5. Where does Viola say her brother is in Act I Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olivia’s lips are compared to those of whom from Roman mythology in Act I Scene IV?
2. The Captain tells Viola that he was born how many hoursof travel from the place they stand in Act I Scene II?
3. What is the true identity of Cesario in the play?
4. What is Maria’s reply when asked in Act I Scene III, “Wherefore, sweetheart? What’s your metaphor?”
5. What “foolish knight” does Maria say Sir Toby Belch brought to woo Olivia in Act I Scene III?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)