|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Cesario to visit and woo Olivia for him in Act I Scene IV?
(c) Sir Andrew Aguecheek
2. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II that he last saw her brother clinging to what?
(a) A ship wheel
(b) A suitcase
(c) A branch
(d) A mast
3. Who governs the land where Viola arrives in Act I Scene II, according to the Captain?
(b) Sir Andrew Aguecheek
4. By what name does the court jester refer to Olivia in Act I Scene V?
5. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II, “When my tongue blabs, then let mine eyes” what?
(a) Fall out
(b) Find beauty
(c) Not see
(d) See thine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene II?
2. The Captain compares Viola’s brother to whom “on the dolphin’s back” in Act I Scene II?
3. What is the name of Olivia’s steward in the play?
4. Orsino describes music as a “sweet sound, that breathes upon a bank of ______” in Act I Scene I?
5. Olivia’s court jester states in Act I Scene V, “Let her hang me: he that is well hanged in this world needs to fear no” what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)