|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country has Viola arrived in Act I Scene II?
2. Viola solicits the Captain to help her disguise herself as what in Act I Scene II?
(a) A eunuch
(b) A queen
(c) A priest
(d) A nun
3. Maria tells Sir Toby Belch that Olivia takes great exceptions to his what in Act I Scene III?
(a) Ill hours
(b) Drunken revelry
(c) Hasty departure
(d) Religious insincerity
4. Olivia’s court jester states in Act I Scene V, “Let her hang me: he that is well hanged in this world needs to fear no” what?
5. What item does Olivia send with Malvolio to take to Cesario after his exit in Act I?
(a) A letter
(b) A handkerchief
(c) A ring
(d) A necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene II?
2. Sir Toby Belch claims that the “foolish knight” he brought to woo Olivia earns how much per year in Act I Scene III?
3. What French term does Sir Andrew Aguecheek not understand when speaking with Sir Toby Belch in Act I Scene III?
4. The Captain tells Viola in Act I Scene II, “When my tongue blabs, then let mine eyes” what?
5. Orsino describes music as a “sweet sound, that breathes upon a bank of ______” in Act I Scene I?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)