|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has just saved Sebastian’s life in Act II Scene I?
(c) Sir Topas
2. Referring to the jester, Viola speaks in soliloquy in Act III Scene I, stating, “This fellow is wise enough to play the fool; And to do that well craves a kind of” what?
3. In what country has Viola arrived in Act I Scene II?
4. What is the setting of Act II Scene I?
(a) The sea-coast
(b) Before Olivia’s house
(c) The cubiculo
(d) The Elephant
5. The Captain tells Viola that he was born how many hoursof travel from the place they stand in Act I Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olivia tells Cesario in Act III Scene IV, “A fiend like thee might bear my soul” where?
2. What first two words of a Latin maxim meaning “to get up at dawn is very helpful” does Sir Toby Belch say in Act II Scene III?
3. What dog breed does Sir Toby Belch tell Sir Andrew that Maria is in Act II Scene III?
4. What word does Maria use in Act II Scene III that means to howl or screech like cats?
5. Viola states in her soliloquy in Act II Scene II, “I am the man: if it be so, as 'tis, Poor lady, she were better love” what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)