• Orsino, the Duke of Illyria, is lovesick for the Countess Olivia and has been trying to court her.
• Valentine, Orsino’s attendant, arrives with the news that Olivia is discouraging suitors through her decision to mourn her brother's death for seven years.
• Viola lands on the shore of Illyria after a shipwreck assuming her twin brother has been lost at sea.
• The Captain who saved Viola tells her of Orsino and Olivia, and helps to disguise her as a pageboy, to be known as Cesario, so she can work for Orsino.
• After only three days in Orsino's service, Viola/Cesario has won his confidence.
• Viola/Cesario agrees to court Olivia for Orsino, but secretly wishes to be his wife.
• Olivia relents and receives Viola/Cesario, who begins romancing Olivia by abandoning her rehearsed speech.
• Olivia sends Viola/Cesario back to Orsino with the message that she...
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)