|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flora react?
(a) Refuses to look at Miss Jessel and looks at the governess accusingly instead.
(b) Screams at the governess.
(c) Kicks Mrs. Grose in the shins.
(d) Runs to Miss Jessel.
2. What does Miles claim as he invites the governess inside his room?
(a) That Peter Quint wants to see her.
(b) That he has a crush on her.
(c) That his uncle is there.
(d) That she is as loud as a cavalry.
3. In Chapter 22, what does the governess decide she will have to do to save Miles?
(a) Beat it into him.
(b) Send him back to school.
(c) Contact his uncle.
(d) Supply "all the nature".
4. Why does Mrs. Grose react this way?
(a) She is not feeling very well.
(b) She does not care about the governess.
(c) She was not at church either.
(d) The children told her not to say anything.
5. Why does Miles claim the governess stays at Bly after Mrs. Grose and Flora leave?
(a) To hear him tell what she waited to hear.
(b) To punish him.
(c) To scare him.
(d) To earn more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the governess believe that Miles' visit to her the night before Mrs. Grose and Flora leave indicates?
2. What does Mrs. Grose ask the governess?
3. What do the governess and children avoid mentioning?
4. What does the governess do with the letter?
5. What does the governess want Flora to do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)