|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grose see?
(a) Peter Quint.
(b) Miss Jessel.
(d) Her employer.
2. What indicates the ghosts' presence to the governess?
(a) The appearance of the ghosts.
(b) A cold burst of wind.
(c) A loud noise and the children's cries.
(d) A sudden hush and an abrupt change in activity.
3. What does Mrs. Grose want to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Leave Bly.
(b) Request that the master take the children away.
(c) Call the priest to banish the ghosts.
(d) Write a letter to the children's parents.
4. What happens after the governess asks Flora about Miss Jessel?
(a) Peter Quint appears across the lake.
(b) Flora jumps into the lake.
(c) Miss Jessel appears across the lake.
(d) Miles appears across the lake.
5. What does the governess do about her suspicions concerning the ghosts?
(a) Ask the children.
(b) Write to her parents.
(c) Tell her employer.
(d) Keep them to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora do when she is found?
2. Why does the governess feel that she can take care of things after Mrs. Grose and Flora leave Bly?
3. How does the governess believe Miles will use her fear?
4. What does the governess see in the schoolroom?
5. How does Flora react?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)