|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora do when she is found?
(a) Pluck a dead fern.
(b) Scream at her governess.
(c) Run away.
(d) Hide in the bushes.
2. What does the governess want Flora to do?
(a) Stop yelling.
(b) Go to her uncle's house.
(c) Admit to seeing Miss Jessel's presence.
(d) Tell her where Miles is hiding.
3. What does Miles offer to do for the governess?
(a) Read her a story.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Buy her a gift.
(d) Cook her dinner.
4. What does the governess fear in Chapter 21?
(a) That Mrs. Grose will die if she sees the ghosts.
(b) That Flora will use the incident to portray the governess poorly to her uncle and get rid of the governess.
(c) That Miles will run away.
(d) That Flora will get sick and die.
5. What does Miles ask the governess in Chapter 14?
(a) Why Peter Quint cannot be his friend.
(b) When the governess is leaving.
(c) When he can return to school.
(d) When his parents are coming back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles tell the governess as he prepares to go outside in Chapter 23?
2. What does Miles' action after breakfast signify on the morning that Mrs. Grose and Flora leave Bly?
3. How does the governess justify her theory?
4. Where does the governess search for Flora?
5. What does the governess feel will happen if she can convince Miles to confess?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)