|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governess cling to as the children's saving point?
2. What does the governess do about the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Send them to their uncle.
(b) Ask them about the ghosts.
(c) Scold them.
(d) Watch them closely.
3. Who serves as the governess' confidant?
(b) Mrs. Grose.
(c) Miss Jessel.
4. What is the content of the letter the governess receives?
(a) Miles' expulsion.
(b) Tells the governess she is fired.
(c) Marriage proposal.
(d) Offers a raise in pay.
5. Who are the children in relation to the governess' employer?
(d) Nephew and niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the governess first think the stranger is?
2. On what street does the governess meet her employer when she first obtains her position at Bly?
3. What time does the governess first see the specter?
4. When the governess receives her position at Bly, what is the odd request that her employer makes of her?
5. In Chapter 11, who does the governess confide in about Miles' and Flora's odd behavior?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)