|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governess do about her suspicions concerning the ghosts?
(a) Tell her employer.
(b) Keep them to herself.
(c) Write to her parents.
(d) Ask the children.
2. What does the governess suspect about the children's relationship with the ghosts?
(a) The employer will visit Bly soon.
(b) Mrs. Grose is in love with the employer.
(c) That she will die at Bly.
(d) Miles and Flora meet Miss Jessel and Peter Quint regularly.
3. In retrospect, what amazes the governess about her thoughts after Miles returns to Bly?
(a) Her feelings for her employer.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her own ignorance.
(d) Her friendship with Mrs. Grose.
4. What does the governess think about Miles the first time she sees him?
5. Who plans to meet Miles on the carriage when he returns to Bly from school?
(a) The governess and Flora.
(b) The governess and Mrs. Grose.
(c) Mrs. Grose and Flora.
(d) The governess and Miss Jessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Douglas know the governess?
2. What does the governess want to do after her conversation with Miles?
3. How does the governess feel about the housekeeper's extreme happiness to see her?
4. What prevents the Bly household from attending church one Sunday morning?
5. In Chapter 4, how does the governess view her charges?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)