|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the male child's name?
2. In Chapter 5, who does the governess confide in about seeing the strange man?
(a) Mrs. Grose.
(c) Miss Jessel.
3. In retrospect, what amazes the governess about her thoughts after Miles returns to Bly?
(a) Her feelings for her employer.
(b) Her own ignorance.
(c) Her friendship with Mrs. Grose.
(d) Her fear.
4. What does the governess think of the younger child when they first meet?
(a) Ugly and mean.
(b) Frightening and possessed.
(c) Charming and beautiful.
(d) Clean but secretive.
5. Who does the governess believe the stranger is?
(c) Peter Quint.
(d) A trespasser.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the governess sees someone from the dining room in Chapter 4, what does this person do when the governess goes outside?
2. How does the governess describe the stranger to Mrs. Grose?
3. How does the governess first feel about her new position?
4. What is Mrs. Grose's reaction upon the governess' return to Bly after the governess sees the stranger?
5. On what street does the governess meet her employer when she first obtains her position at Bly?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)